Irma and Millie

Hello all. I am trying to finish preparing for Irma here in Tampa and would like to remove Miilie from her table, although I am still not sure where to put her (not sure there is any place that safe). She is a blissed 2010 model on a black table with the round tubes for legs. I got her used and set it 2 yrs ago. Silly me already packed the manual and I can't recall how to remove the head from the table. Can someone please guide me?

Thanks,

Becky

Becca;

Instead of worrying about removing the head, why don't you just cover it in plastic bags.  That way if you get a roof leak, it should hopefully stay dry.  You could also raise your table as high as possible, so worst case scenario if your home floods it should stay high and dry.  I have my George and my DSM covered with plastic at this time. to do the same thing.  I figured it was safer stored in its table than sitting on the floor.  If the worst should happen, my insurance will buy me a new machine while the house is being rebuilt.  God speed to you and your family in Tampa.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all of us that are suffering through Irma and/or Harvey.

Cagey

With help from at least one other person, remove the back take-up roller and the leveler roller. I believe there is a set-screw that will loosen with an allen or hex wrench and release the rollers. Unplug what's appropriate and slide the head off the back of the carriage. Figure out a way that the head will be right side up and the wheels and SR will be protected before you set it down. If you aren't using the bathtub to store water, that might be a good place to put her. Pack around with towels and sheets so she doesn't tip. The head can be damaged by back-and-forth action if the motor clangs around inside the hood. Sending fervent wishes that you and your property are safe after Irma passes.

Thanks Cagey and Linda for the advice and well wishes. I have been running around in circles all day trying to pack up my fabric stash and other belongings. I am exhausted and my nerves are really frazzled. I will decide in the morning which way to go. I am not in flood zone and I actually lowered the table to be off the hydraulic lifts earlier today thinking that was bestablished but now I wonder. My brother gave me really large garbage bags so I could cover her. Decisions, decisions. Lol

Archived