Looking for quilting suggestions

Any suggestions for some simple custom quilting on this?  The only thing I've come up with is doing straight lines in the zigzag/chevron and a motif in the small squares.  Or should there be a design/motif in each triangle?  The client doesn't necessarily want ANY quilting in the white part of the blocks, but I'm not sure that will look right. The quilt measures 56 x 68 and the zigzag/chevron space is about 4" wide, just to give an idea of the space.  Suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks!

IMG_0896.JPG

Quilt is so bold, quilting is going to definately be secondary.  I would look at pictures for inspiration.  Maybe mimic the diamonds with a giant one from center to center of sides, top and bottom. Then a 1/4 or 1/2" inside to frame, followed by a fill in the center and a giant feather at the quarters.  There is a lot of inspiration on this forum. Outer border looks smallish, but maybe piano keys...I love piano keys.  Look and have fun! ")

Cant wait to see what others see and what you end up doing.  Make sure you post a picture!

Ghost the diamond shape in the black rectangles.  In each resulting chevron row you could do leaf meander or molar feathers. The top and bottom setting triangles could be an arc with whatever you used in the chevrons repeated.  I think you will have to quilt something in the white, even if it's just a couple of spaced lines.

I like the idea of repeating the diamond design in the two short lines, and then forming chevrons.  I saw straight lines mimicking the outline of the diamonds in a light gold color that stands out but not too brightly against the green/black and brown fabric when the chevrons first appeared to me.  Then feathers on the outside border.  Draw a line a quarter to a half inch from the outside edge, then quilt the feathers to that line so they are not cut off in the binding.  Jamie Wallen has some great educational feather videos on youtube;  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVoLlHGk1hI  The space might be too small for these feathers, but you can draw them out with a blue washable fabric marker, and it will come out lovely.  These are the feathers I am thinking of starting at the 38 second mark until 59 seconds; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ54VCaw3iY  Just remember,.... Stop being your worst critic.  Your feathers will turn out lovely, I'm sure of it.

Cagey 

Archived