This one was a Squeaker!!

This baby quilt was done for a first time quilter. My customer made this for her very first grand-daughter who is due later this month. Unfortunately, she had not understood or forgotten that the LQS told her to leave extra fabric and batting on all edges of the quilt.  Actually I think she simply followed instructions on how to prepare her quilt if she was quilting it on her domestic machine... She really wasn't quite sure but anyways... 

When she called me she told me that the quilt had been trimmed/basted and pinned and was ready for me! Yikes! Well, I said "bring it over and let's have a look and see what we can do". Thankfully she had left enough backing on the top and bottom so that I could add fabric to the backing to be able to load the quilt with my leader grips. There was barely enough extra on the sides and I was able to quilt it and keep it square without having to add extra fabric. I literally had about 1/2" of backing on each side... Had to watch QP VERY carefully as it quilted near the edges!

It was quilted with Yipee Ki Yay panto by Patricia Ritter.   Superior So Fine on top and Magna-Glide bobbin on bottom. 

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0634.JPG.94db9b0bbb61de674760f1e9b89db52a.JPGIMG_0633.JPG.76417ab4919168be565479abd3876121.JPG

On 11/8/2017 at 6:38 AM, Gail O said:

Great job!  Glad to see that I'm not the only one who uses green painters tape in ways it was not originally intended.

I always use the green painters tape to mark my quilt path rows and leave them on until I have inspected the quilt so in case I need to make a repair somewhere it's easier to do so.

• 4 weeks later...

Very cute quilt.  Glad you could make it work.  I have this one older lady I quilt for and she never understands that she needs to make the back larger than the top plus she brings it wrinkled and so unsquare.  I explain what I need and send it back with her until she gets it as right as she can then I just work with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived