Quilt Path learning curve

My good friend's husband is asking advice on purchasing a computerized system for her APQS.  I have the Intelliquilter on my machine  I do like it but did not have the best experience with my dealer and have reservations about recommending her to my friend.  I think that Quilt Path looks comparable and can be installed yourself.  My question is about the learning curve for Quilt Path.  I do not know the system and would not be as helpful to her.  Did you feel like the system was easy to install yourself and was it easy to learn on your own?  Thanks for your input

Cheryl Nelson

I have owned a Quilt Path and I now have an Intelliquilter. I personally feel that the IQ is a superior product. There are learning curves to both systems, but I think the IQ is easier to operate and has many great features that the QP does not have. Your friend really needs to try each system out himself to see what one would be best. I found that the QP does not "think" the same way I do but the IQ was more in line with me.   

Cheryl;

You would be able to provide more specific helpto your friend if they purchased an IQ system.  You could take classes together and learn off of, and support each other in quilting projects.  There is nothing saying your friend has to purchase their IQ from the dealer you did not enjoy all that much.  Though, your friend may have a completely opposite experience with the same dealer.  I say you share the pros and cons of the two systems with your friend, and allow them to make the final decision.  If you push one way or the other, you could end up being a past friend, if things turn out poorly and your friend feels you pressured them into a particular purchase.  Money tears apart marriages, and does the same to friendships.  

Best of luck to your supporting your friend.

Cagey

PS:  do a forum search for your question, and you will find a number of old threads discussing this same topic.

• 1 year later...
On 11/14/2017 at 12:04 PM, cherylannie said:

My good friend's husband is asking advice on purchasing a computerized system for her APQS.  I have the Intelliquilter on my machine  I do like it but did not have the best experience with my dealer and have reservations about recommending her to my friend.  I think that Quilt Path looks comparable and can be installed yourself.  My question is about the learning curve for Quilt Path.  I do not know the system and would not be as helpful to her.  Did you feel like the system was easy to install yourself and was it easy to learn on your own?  Thanks for your input

Cheryl Nelson

Archived