EQ 8

I updated recently to EQ8. It takes a bit of time to get used to the new format, but I like it. Just the fact that it maintains block coloring even if you change some of the lines  is worth the price to upgrade!

Here is a like to all of the new features of EQ8.

http://electricquilt.com/online-shop/electric-quilt-8/#tab-Features

I have been using EQ for the past 18 years and I don't sew anything without it. I upgraded to the new version the day it came out, and I love it. Definitely worth the upgrade. I usually hate change for no reason, but they overhauled the whole worktable setup, and it is so much easier to use now. Lots of hidden new features, and what I love most is that it now shows you the measurements when you are in print mode and click on a block.

There are some encouraging comments here!  I have had EQ7 for sometime and never got the hang of it, but when EQ8 came out and the upgrade price was discounted, I bought it, hoping maybe I'd be able to get the hang of it!  I haven't installed it yet, but it's on my list of things to learn this year.  I am determined!!  So much to do....

You people are really tempting me I've not used my EQ much as I find it difficult.  I've had it since it's first EQ and continue upgrades only because I kept thinking it would become more idiot friendly.  After EQ7 I told myself no more.  Now hear I am again thinking this could be the one:wacko:

7 minutes ago, Pepsi Girl said:

You people are really tempting me I've not used my EQ much as I find it difficult.  I've had it since it's first EQ and continue upgrades only because I kept thinking it would become more idiot friendly.  After EQ7 I told myself no more.  Now hear I am again thinking this could be the one:wacko:

Nancy, Kari Schell of On Point Quilter ( http://www.onpointquilter.com/about.html ), is starting classes on using EQ8. I think the first class starts on Monday - it is online and I think you can join in most any time. Her method of teaching is simple - each lesson is about a 10 minute video and then you create what she did. There will also be some downloadable files. I've signed up and I'll see how it goes. I do use EQ but have never really taken advantage of a great many features that are offered. I hope to learn lots more! Look for the heading Classes at the very top of her page.

Nancy. I took a few of her classes with EQ7. They were very helpful. She did a sneek peek class for EQ8 and i took it. One of the features i like is that i learned how

to better use my on fabric in the planning of a quilt. I have made a couple that i wished i had placed hexagons differently. 

Well, I did it!  I just ordered my first EQ8.  I haven't had any of the other versions, so this should be interesting.  I was cleaning emails and it finally dawned on me that the coupon for 30% off of more than $100 would work for this.  I ordered 3 items and still paid less for everything including postage because of that coupon from AQS!!!!

On 11/19/2017 at 2:49 PM, Neher-in-law5 said:

Well, I did it!  I just ordered my first EQ8.  I haven't had any of the other versions, so this should be interesting.  I was cleaning emails and it finally dawned on me that the coupon for 30% off of more than $100 would work for this.  I ordered 3 items and still paid less for everything including postage because of that coupon from AQS!!!!

Yes, Madelyn, I'd be interested in that coupon also.  You people have talked me into it:D

Archived