New* True 1/4 Foot

I was wondering if anyone has made the investment in the New* (I say New, because it came out shortly after I bought my Lenni machine last year) True 1/4" foot that APQS came out with in the last year?  It is a pet peave of mine that the hopping foot that comes with the machines is not a true 1/4" foot, after having a Handi Quilter with one as standard equipment.  I find it makes a difference most if you are trying to use a template, like a circle on the inside or another curved template, or any template really where you are travelling on the inside of it.  Not to mention wanting to use the backside of the foot for just a straight edge.  So if you have acquired one, how's it work for you?  Worth the investment?

Thanks

Kathy

I too resented having to purchase it as I didn't realize when I purchased that the 1/4" foot that came with Millie didn't have the clearance for a ruler from the back. Since I often found myself needing to use a ruler behind the foot I went ahead and purchased it. It has made life easier for me when I do ruler work. 

42 minutes ago, gkazee said:

I too resented having to purchase it as I didn't realize when I purchased that the 1/4" foot that came with Millie didn't have the clearance for a ruler from the back. Since I often found myself needing to use a ruler behind the foot I went ahead and purchased it. It has made life easier for me when I do ruler work. 

Thanks for the feedback gkazee.  Obviously, I'm not alone in this. I'm glad to hear you find it an improvement.

I bought it and it works great. I tend to do a lot of ruler work. Before purchasing this foot, I would always need to compensate and plan how to do ruler work in order to be accurate. Even so, sometimes the lines would not be accurate. 

I have to say I bought the interchangeable set when it came out, thinking the ruler foot included in the set was a true 1/4" foot. It is not.  Now I rarely use any of those feet. If I had to choose, I would definitely get the 1/4" foot. You may need to raise the hopping foot a tiny bit to accommodate the new foot.

Lisa and All;

As I intend to upgrade my George with the interchangeable complete hopping foot soon (hopefully APQS puts parts on sale Black Friday or CiberMonday), have you found you have to change the hopping foot height when switching between the "true 1/4 foot" and the "flip flop foot"?  http://shop.apqs.com/Interchangeable-Complete-Hopping-Foot_p_119.html

Would you get any other feet?  I am used to the flip flop foot, as that is all I have had for the past few years, thus the reason for just those two.

Cagey

22 hours ago, lisae said:

I have to say I bought the interchangeable set when it came out, thinking the ruler foot included in the set was a true 1/4" foot. It is not.  Now I rarely use any of those feet. If I had to choose, I would definitely get the 1/4" foot. You may need to raise the hopping foot a tiny bit to accommodate the new foot.

Thanks for this info, Lisa.  I, too, bought the interchangeable set, and was wondering if the new foot was much different from the ruler foot in the set.  Now I know!

Archived