Superior Bottom Line

I have recently upgraded to a new Millie (from a Lenni), whole new "learning curve". My machine  came with a Turbo Bobbin Winder (for Big Bobbins). I have managed to wind a bobbin with Superior So Fine without any problems but have had no success with Bottom Line as the thread keeps breaking.I have loosened the tension dial and removed the "net" all to no avail. I notice that the hole in the top of the So Fine cone is just 1/2 inch in diameter and the Bottom Line cone is 1 inch, would this make any difference.  I have resorted to buying a Reel of Bottom Line but the thread still breaks.Any advice would be gratefully received.

Happy Thanksgiving

• SueG changed the title to Superior Bottom Line

I'm puzzled by the question about the hole in the top of the cone, since the thread feeds off the cones in exactly the same way for both and the hole isn't used for any reason in the winding process. Leaving on the net is best. More control of the thread will aid with even feeding. Apply some Sewer's Aid if you have some to keep the thread cooler. Try another cone of Bottom Line to make sure it isn't a bad cone of thread. Good luck finding the problem so you can get to the fun part of the process.

Thank you everybody for your help and advice - the problem was with the turbo bobbin winder ` which has now been solved. It was only when I read the manual and it said put "slight tension" on the thread tail that I realised I had been holding it "too tightly". Problem solved!!

Archived