HELP!! Desparate for Superior Thread Color

I'm on the verge of completing a customer quilt on my Millie and I need another cone of Superior So Fine 50wt #403 Putty. I thought I had enough left on the cone to finish the quilt, but it turns out I was wrong. I've tried to find a similar color, but it just doesn't sit well with me to use anything other than what I started with. This quilt is going to be auctioned off at a local church in order to raise money to renovate their kitchen. I have donated my services for this cause and the lady I'm quilting it for is going to donate the amount I would normally charge to her church to go toward the renovations. A lot of people are going to see the quilting so I want to do it right. I'm trying to find a quilt shop that sales this thread locally in Charlotte, NC or a surrounding area of NC but no luck so far. If there are any long armers in this area and you would be willing to sell me a cone of this thread, I would be so grateful. If not, I'm going to have to order it and wait on it to come in. A lesson learned here for me is to always make sure you have enough thread color for the quilt your're working on.

Happy Quilting,

Thanks ladies!! Sharon, I called Sheridan and ordered the color I needed and several others today. If I had the time today, I would have traveled the hour and a half it takes me to get to her and picked it up today. I should be able to finish the customers quilt Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. I know I will make sure going forward that when a cone gets down to the half way mark, I'll be ordering another one, particularly one that I use a lot. It's so frustrating when you're on a roll only to be stopped because you run out of thread, a real bummer. Thanks again ladies, I appreciate your responses.

Happy Quilting,

Archived