To Dianne 31331 and 4fore  My dealing with Dave was my biggest mistake   Trusting my friend was the second biggest  She vouched for Dave and Deloa...she continues to help him schedule  his dealings in New England....- I should have asked him to take Deloa with him to his next stop  so that I could drive to the next town to get to my bank --pay the $30 to have the cashiers check made into 2 checks as I had asked my husband to get originally- I am chalking it up to long late working shift the night before,  and I should have never paid him in full.  I  really believe he would have responded to not getting paid till it was completed. He did teach me one big lesson  TRUST NO ONE  specially if his name is Dave Jones!

I also believe he took the part off of the machine he sold to me  to give to someone else- perhaps he thought he'd get another lift and he would be back to fix my machine quickly what ever he did he never tuned the machine before delivery, he could not have gone over it with a fine tooth comb  to make sure it was tip top  because it was not, they Dave adn DeLoa did not deliver what they both promised.

I am not wealthy, this was a massive stretch to pay off my loan from my 401K   

I still have no lift- no one has come to tune it- The "Deloas Ladies" group that got superior care and service  never stopped here.

His family helps him get away with this. and that is very sad. 

I am trying to figure out how to move this   -I am scared to take it apart- but I have to sell  the home my machine is in now and down size.

I got taken by Dave too. Thankfully not as much money. He came to me in California to fix my machine. Told me the people at APQS didn’t know what they were talking about (they said I likely needed a new shaft for the hook assembly). He “timed” my machine which I’d already done, told me I shouldn’t use magnaglide bobbins and charged me for service. He actually fixed nothing and later I still had to have someone work on the machine again. 

Listen. You victims have to hold him accountable.   Lack of that is encouraging him to prey on others. File criminal charges on him. File civil charges on him. Report to state better business bureau. Report to state attorney general's, quilting guilds and anyone who might be his target..  stand up for ourselves. These letters just go on and on. Enough is enough. Evidently unfair practices is all he understands so be creative to stop him. 

I had a bad run-in with Dave too.  He came to my home and 'fixed' my Liberty (they don't make those anymore) and totally messed up my IQ.  Thankfully, an Intelliquilter upgrade allows me to set the motor strength automatically now.  He also forgot to tighten down the needlebar after timing the machine.  When I ran an intricate pattern after his 'service', the timing slipped and wrecked the pattern.  I took me three weeks to rip out all the stitches on my client's quilt.  Never, in this whole mess, did I blame Deloa, who I've always considered a friend since I met  her back in 2005 (I think), and Jessica has been my Facebook friend (through a recommendation from Bethanne Nemesh) for a couple of years now.  I'll never let Dave anywhere near me, but would gladly embrace Deloa or Jessica.  If he's wronged you, let him know.  Leave the others out of it.

Archived