Just saying hi!

Hi All,

It has been so long since I've been on the forum.  I don't get much computer time these days.  I keep my daughter's twins who are now 16 months old!!!!  No idea where that time went.  For all my old friends that followed Landon's story, he is doing great!  It has now been 1 year since he had his open heart surgery and he is thriving.  He is such a little charmer.  He will probably still need more surgery but for now we are so thankful for how well he is doing.  Scarlett is doing wonderfully too.  They both have brought so much joy to our family.  Most days I'm crazy busy chasing them around.  We finally moved into our new home 11 months ago and my studio is set up.  I haven't gotten a ton of quilting time in but hoping in the new year I will be able to get at it again.  We just built a baby cave for the babies and they can play while I sew and quilt.  I've had it up just over a month and oh it is a little bit of heaven for them and for me!  Once the craziness that surrounds the Christmas season I'll have time to focus on my quilting again.  I hope all of you are doing well.  Just wanted to say hi.

Hi Heidi,

Sounds like you are wonderfully busy.....glad the twins are dong well......I haven't been doing much quilting either as I had rotator cuff surgery this spring but am slowing getting back in the groove....but it is the dead of winter up here in northern Minnesota.....the time of year when all us older folks stay indoors and bundle up.....tee hee....I haven't heard of the wet suit surfers out on Lake Superior yet this year....but yeah...they do that!  until ice forms if it does....not often the big lake totally freezes over.....anyway ...glad to see you back here....Lin

7 minutes ago, sewingpup said:

Hi Heidi,

Sounds like you are wonderfully busy.....glad the twins are dong well......I haven't been doing much quilting either as I had rotator cuff surgery this spring but am slowing getting back in the groove....but it is the dead of winter up here in northern Minnesota.....the time of year when all us older folks stay indoors and bundle up.....tee hee....I haven't heard of the wet suit surfers out on Lake Superior yet this year....but yeah...they do that!  until ice forms if it does....not often the big lake totally freezes over.....anyway ...glad to see you back here....Lin

Lin I can't imagine living that far north.  It is too cold here in upstate NY for me.  LOL  The babies miss being outside every day like we have been.  I hope you arm heals and you can get back to quilting.  I know I've missed it.

Good Morning Heidi,  I, for one have really missed seeing you on the forum.  I was wondering about the twins and how Landon was doing.  I think about you guys every once in a while, and I will through up a prayer for you all.  So glad you are moved and got that part over with.  I always hate to move, seems like its such a stressful time for everyone.  Hope you and family have a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Blessed upcoming New Years.

22 hours ago, tootsquilts said:

Good Morning Heidi,  I, for one have really missed seeing you on the forum.  I was wondering about the twins and how Landon was doing.  I think about you guys every once in a while, and I will through up a prayer for you all.  So glad you are moved and got that part over with.  I always hate to move, seems like its such a stressful time for everyone.  Hope you and family have a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Blessed upcoming New Years.

Cathy you are so kind to continue to pray for our family.  We have been so blessed and when I think how scared we were 1 1/2 years of what was to come I'm just so thankful to all those that lifted Landon up in prayer and I truly believe that made a difference.  He is the sweetest little guy who is always willing to share a big wet kiss.  We so enjoy the twins.  Yes it is exhausting and by Friday I'm worn out but getting my baby snuggles times two is just so wonderful.  I'm up and about all day but the babies are no different than other kids, as soon as you sit down and they think you have nothing to do they want up in your lap to help you do what your doing.  LOL  We are enjoying every minute of this wonderfulness.  

9 hours ago, Neher-in-law5 said:

Heidi, how is Madison doing?  I hope her life is treating her well and you get a chance to be a part of it.

Madelyn,

Maddie is doing really well.  She came to stay with me last weekend, it had been a while.  I couldn't believe how much she grew, now almost 5' tall!  She is just as sweet as always and is such an easy kid.  It was the first time she actually talked to me about her mother and the whole situation.  I know she loves her mom but she also knows that it wasn't her fault.  She told me that mommy "made bad choices."  She knows it wasn't daddy or I trying to keep her from her mom too.  It is amazing she is such a good kid.  Hopefully I'll see her more now.

Heidi, glad to see ya here.  I've been following you on FB, the twins are adorable and Mattie is beautiful.  Minus 17 here in Michigan this morning, oh why did I leave Virginia, LOL.  One of my friends was going for a world record of circumnavigating all 5  Great Lakes (paddling a kayak) ) within 1 year,  she is 50yrs old and has rheumatoid arthritis.  She almost made it, the weather got to dangerous before Christmas and she had to stop for her safety on Lake Ontario  with only around 300 miles to go.  She started in March and paddled over 3500 miles setting 4 records on her quest.  She going to try again in 2019.

Archived