quiltmonkey

Finished this one a few days ago...

So... with me taking some time off during the holidays, I had a "stay-cation" and I a few days ago, I finished another beauty. It's a pattern designed by Judy Niemeyer called Paradise in Bloom. This one is pieced by one of my most favorite customers. She is amazing. She's 80 years old, she lives in Castle Rock Colorado and she sends me all of her (absolutely impeccably pieced) quilts to finish for her. It truly is my honor and joy to be part of this project. She is in the hospital right now, so I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. Love and prayers to my special friend, Sonja ....

F8C94572-4134-443A-AC76-9A2E234C3960.jpeg

2F0479CB-BC04-43E2-8F95-7BE4472F5454.jpeg

807FAC50-CBAB-4152-8D65-B829FB74C794 (1).jpeg

B31B7449-DDEB-49EE-9354-D2BFDB08D4DB.jpeg

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Thanks everyone, for the kind words.  

6 hours ago, Sue E. said:

Your quilting is absolutely wonderful. I love Judy Niemeyer quilts and have several that need to be quilted but I am petrified to tackle them.  Is this done free-motion, with the IQ, or a combination. I love what you did.

Sue, to answer your question, there is a combination of IQ and free motion. Lots of ruler work, too. 

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

This quilt is absolutely stunning, both piecing and quilting! I know how much work is putting into it because I am working on this pattern and just got the center portion done so far, it will take me a long while to finish piecing it.  What a beautiful quilt! Thank you for sharing.

Christine

Stunning!  

Deb

May your passion for thread & fabric creations bring joy to you and others!

Blessed wife to my amazing husband, thankful mom to my phenomenal kids, Caretaker to the very spoiled fur & feather babies.

Blissed APQS Lenni 2016, a few Janome's and a beautiful Featherweight

Blog: applewoodquilts.blogspot.com

Shana, this quilt is absolutely gorgeous, and your quilting has made it more gorgeous.  I hope your favorite customers is improving and will be piecing these impeccably gorgeous quilts again soon.  They are lovely and I am looking forward to seeing much more of them. 

E09E59CAF06403E058848257636B2E85.png

On 1/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, anneinoz said:

Wow! Lovely quilt - stunning piecing and beautiful quilting!  How many hours did it take you?

Approximately 20 hours or so. 

On 12/27/2017 at 7:09 PM, Quilta93 said:

Such a beautiful quilt and your quilting is awesome!! Hope your friend is doing well and home soon. 

Deb.

Hi. I spoke with her on the phone last weekend. She's out of the hospital but slow going on the road to full recovery... Thanks for asking!