Luminary

Finished my ‘alison glass sew Luminary quilt kit by Jamie Swanson’ 42” x55”. I had to chuckle when I showed my son the quilt... he wanted to know where the rest of the quilt was 

it was an interesting project as the star is created by cutting fabric strips of varying widths, sewing these together in color ways and then cutting those strips into random widths - diagonally and straight, sewing those together and then cutting diamonds and finally sewing the diamonds together. And then hoping you made the correct color selections etc to make sure you got the rainbow effect. 

it was a fun project  

1AF85643-00A2-4C41-AE59-026AAFCE2382.jpeg

50BD1045-73E2-4DFB-B43E-9FDE3BF10465.jpeg

4 minutes ago, LibbyG said:

That's really cute.  When I was reading the description, my thoughts were that you must be nuts, but the finished project is beautiful.

Thanks Libby! I think I did go a bit nuts! I actually started this in September... got scared it was going to turn out horrible but I finally got back to it this week! So glad I did!

I guess I don't feel so stupid if your son thought you lost part of it.  I thought you had it folded.  LOL.  I do love it though...it's a conversation piece.  Bet it took forever to piece the star.  I also love the way you did the binding with the different colors.

Archived