Zoe the Zebra

The recent discussion about Facebook and the forum has reminded me that I have been meaning to post more quilt pictures here. Have you met Zoe the Zebra? This quilt pattern was featured in Quiltmaker magazine, and when my friend and customer Salli sent me a picture of her version and asked if I would like to quilt it for her, I was delighted. This is such a cute quilt with the three-dimensional details, and all that negative space is a longarm quilter's dream. I knew right away that I wanted to add more flowers, and when Salli dropped off the top this was the only thing she knew she wanted... some shadow flowers in the background. Great minds think alike. I felt that an odd number of flowers worked better, so I only added two more and filled the remaining space with a butterfly. I quilted the background with random fillers. The outer border fabric is very busy, and the quilting doesn't really show, it looks better in the pictures than in reality, so I just repeated one of the background fillers and turned it into a border design.

2017-12-11 Zoe the Zebra.jpg

2017-12-11 Zoe Detail 1.jpg

2017-12-11 Zoe Detail 2.jpg

2017-12-11 Zoe Detail 3.jpg

2017-12-11 Zoe Detail 4.jpg

Archived