Going to Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival — would like to meet fellow George owners

Heidi D

I’ll be attending the quilt show in Hampton, VA next week, and would love to meet some George owners.  Maybe we can pick a certain day to have lunch?  I’ve had my George for about 3 years, but have not been particularly happy with it.  I’m hoping that talking with some other owners will give ideas for better success with this machine.

Many thanks,

Heidi

Several years ago, when MQS was here in Overland Park, KS, the APQS chat people decided to meet. I set up a table with a big sign. We all decided to wear APQS blue ribbons to identify ourselves. That was 11 years or so ago (wow, that is crazy), and we have some lifelong friendships because of it. I highly recommend getting together no matter which model you own. 

We used your blue ribbon idea many times when this group was tight.  I met a bunch of great APQS friends at different shows.  Wow, 11 years, time flys too fast.  Heidi, you're probably at the show already but the reps at the show are the best.  I'm sure Georgene and Angela will be at the booth.   They will help you with questions.  I moved from Hampton Roads 2 years ago or I would be there rounding up APQS friends for lunch.

• 1 month later...

Ah!  Most of these I missed because I was already at the show, but will put the great advice in my pocket for next year!  

I did spend a decent amount of time with the ladies at the APQS booth, talking about my biggest beef with my George, which is INCONSISTENT TENSION.  Even after following their advice to run the bobbin tension a little looser than I had been, I’m still having problems.  I’ve experimented with prewounds and home wound bobbins, adjusting things along the way.  I have been itching to quilt a UFO for a week, but can’t get the tension to a point where I’m happy with it.  

I will describe the problem more in-depth in a new post with a heading about tension issues.  Please look for it, and I will be happy to hear your feedback!

Thanks a bunch!

Heidi

Archived