My first scrappy quilt...ever!

I have been quilting since 2008 and have always been afraid of making scrappy quilts. For me, they are to busy, too many fighting patterns, just too much chaos.  I decided to tackle my fear of all this and make a small quilt from my scraps.  I used an Arkansas Crossroads block and am really pleased with my "controlled" scrappy quilt.   Details on my blog: http://bunkhousequilts.blogspot.com/2018/02/im-not-afraid-of-scrappy-quilts.html

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

I hear you, Ann! My OCD can't handle really scrappy quilts either, it took me more than a decade to attempt one. I still can't handle the really chaotic ones but I found out that I am okay with them if they have a background colour like yours. I love how you kept the colours together, will have to remember this. Great job!

2 hours ago, Marie0722 said:

I hear you, Ann! My OCD can't handle really scrappy quilts either, it took me more than a decade to attempt one. I still can't handle the really chaotic ones but I found out that I am okay with them if they have a background colour like yours. I love how you kept the colours together, will have to remember this. Great job!

Heh, I am finding a lot of other quilters that are saying this also.  Thanks~!

I love it!  I don't like to piece at all just do the quilting but you have given me an incentive to piece something this nice for one of my grandchildren.  I really like the simplicity of the piecing you have done and also I like the quilting you choose to quilt it with nice job.  Now keep at it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived