Where have all the pictures gone?

Nice! I haven't posted any pictures because I haven't taken the time to do it. I also don't have a digital camera, so I take 35 MM pictures and get them put on a CD at CVS. I should be able to post; just lazy (or just sooo busy). Maybe one of these days I'll move up to the 90s (that's what my kids say because they tease me about being behind the times).

Norece - I think your quilting is wonderful! And the sampler shows all the different designs you CAN do!

The hardest part for me is deciding what designs to quilt.......I spend alot of thought time on that.......

Your sampler gives me an idea for the next quilt for me that I put on the frame!

Thanks for being brave and sharing!

You guys are doing awesome work!

I don't post many pics because most of the stuff I do is pantos and they are usually on my website under customer quilts. But when I do more custom I plan on posting some here. I should have my CL stuff in less than a week and I didn't schedule any customer quilts for next week so I can play and make some updates to my website to include the new stuff from CL.

Also I should have my MIL's quilt here in about a month which will be a custom. She wanted to make my BIL a Chicago sports theme quilt, so I designed a lap size quilt featuring embroidered mascots from the Cubs, Bulls, Bears, Blackhawks, then added embroideries of golf and cycling. I stitched out the embroideries & even pre-cut all the fabric for her all she had to do was the paper piecing and assemble the quilt center. I will end up doing the borders because she never does them right and I always have to re do them if she does it. But it should turn out really good I already have an idea of what I want to do on it, spirals in the alternate blocks, frame out the embroidery blocks and then add a rope border in the inner border then crosshatching in the outer border. I plan on posting pics of it when finished so look for it in July ;)

Joann

I'm not to sure how to post pics either, but here goes. This was a quilt I recently finished. Done in pinks and lavenders. Seemed kinda dull to me so I used bright pink on the back then quilted it with a Timeless Quilting Design panto called Camellias.

post--13461898110904_thumb.jpg

Now just to be silly. Every time I read the title of this I want to break out in a song. Can't sing but just feel like I should. Isn't there a song that goes "where have all the flowers gone"? Maybe I should get my son to rewrite that one for us quilters. "where have all the pictures gone, of quilts we love".... I know I'm weird, but I like it.......

Have a great day and happy quilting. Hugs to all!

ok, I am trying to post a picture of my daughter's graduation quilt that I made for her last year (still haven't quilted it though...want to get better at machine quilting first!) I am not sure if I did it right, but here goes...;)

if it works I will post some of the quilts that I have quilted!!

post--13461898113576_thumb.jpg

Kathy,

I love Irish Chain...oh wait, I say that about every quilt that is posted :P But I do love the Irish Chain, made it for my DD for wedding last year - not quilted yet either...So, what are you going to do?? Fearthered wreath and cross hatch??

Here is my son's graduation quilt top, he graduated last year too (twins) and it still hasn't been quilted! I am trying to get that water look from Darlene Epps pocket guide down pat (the quilt is made up of all his t-shirts from years and years of swimming, he was the state champ last year in his senior year)

I am open to any suggestions on quilting a t-shirt quilt. I know that I don't want to quilt on the t-shirt part, my son would not like that much!

post--13461898114818_thumb.jpg

When I quilted a t-shirt quilt similar to yours I just did a meander pattern in the background fabric and then, using a monopoly thread, I highlighted the tshirts by outlining the logos, designs, etc. It didn't detract from the tshirt but did tack it down enough to not shift while washing.

I can't wait to see both of your graduation quilts quilted!

Archived