Customer Quilt Photo's

I have had a flckr account for years but now they have been acquired by a new company and so I am looking for another low cost/free option to post photos of customer's quilts (with their permission of course)...

Do many of you who do quilting for customers use a website?  FB and instagram?  

Blogs?

What do you all think? and what works best for you?

Thanks,

Vicki

They will be aquired by another company as of 5/25, they haven't mentioned anything about charging but I did read in their disclosure they emailed out that they will own and have all rights to any pictures on there and said if you want to remove them and close your account you have until 5/25 to do so...I did download all of my pictures but am not sure at this point what their plan is...I just want to be prepared...and so am looking at other options as well....

I have a website but it keeps disappearing. I do use Instagram and Facebook. Instagram is now owned by Facebook, so you can post pictures there and also post on your Facebook page at the same time. Beware of "promote this post" though. That gets very expensive very fast, no matter how good a deal it looks like.

years ago I belonged to a site that allowed you to post pics for free.  Of course they were bought and I was told I could down load all my pics but they now had all rights to my pics.  People still re-post pics of quilts I've designed.

Are you hoping to gain more customers by showing your work?  If not and it is just to share then post them here on this site because we certainly enjoy seeing all of them.

Thanks Missy,

Yes, I currently have a business card with a scan code that will take you to my flckr account so people could see my quilting examples...I kept it up with customer quilts...I used that rather than paying for a website and I have never lacked business...I do need to get back to posting on here too, everyone here is so supportive and appreciates the work that goes into quilting...I should probably look into a waterprint on my pics to prevent people from doing what they did to you...or at least giving the quilter the credit for quilting. 

Archived