Sign in to follow this  
caddyhomes

Quilt shifts to the right during pantograph use

As I stitch a large quilt using a pantograph, I notice that consistently the layers, even though I know I have them squared on the rollers, shift to the right when standing at the back of the machine.   I consistently am starting the right side of each pantograph row further into the right and ending on the left side before I've reached what was the original marked start.   The quilt is pulling to the right each time I advance it even though I mounted it squarely.    What am I doing incorrectly? 

I also notice that occasionally I will see where there is some shifting even with basting both left/right sides with each advancement.  When quilting right to left consistently..the stitches and pull of the machine going over the quilt, will make the top shift ever so slightly.  To avoid this, quilt from both directions... right to left next row left to right.  Some panto patterns will make this difficult to do both directions.  I haven't found another way to do panto's to avoid the shifting.  

Laura

my.doterra.com/naturespoweroils

Are your leaders square or have they stretched (doesn't take a whole lot)?  Quilting right to left then left to right is a great practice if you are comfortable going both ways.  I will be back to check on you all tomorrow.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png