Quilt Path tablet slow...

I am an experience quilter who has owned IntelliQuilter, and Pro-Stitcher previously.  I now own an APQS Lucey with Quilt Path (2 weeks new) and am finding that the tablet is running extremely slow while in Quilt Path. The tablet has been checked for updates etc... It seems to take forever to go from one step to the next.  I usually get the message of "Quilt Path not responding". It then freezes up until I hit the red X to quite everything.  I have called "The Grace Company" and it hasn't seem to get any better. They said that it was a problem with the patterns I purchase. I have never had any issues with any patterns I have ever purchased.  Please comment if you have any other ideas I could try.  I haven't even gotten a quilt started yet due to these issues. Thank you, Amy

Make sure you are in Airplane mode and it's a good idea to have WiFi  turned off., I don't use my tablet for anything except QP, never comes out of airplane mode. The program is doing a lot of calculations and some processes take awhile..if you are doing a large quilt with lots of rows and a dense pattern, it does "think" for a long time on some processes...I have found that when I turn on my carriage/machine/tablet after being off for a long period, it is very fast, but slows down the longer it's on. I turn off the tablet/machine/carriage when not in use..Once you hit the button for the next step, just let it think, if it doesn't do anything after a couple of minutes I tap the screen just ONCE and you might get the 'Not responding" message, just walk away, it will then finish thinking..again it depends on the pattern/size/density..it will get there just be a little patient.

Yes, I have Airplane mode on and wifi off etc... it is only used for Quilt Path.  I have called them again and am being told they are working on getting it faster. Hopefully I will get used to it. I've had the other 2 computer systems and they were fast, so this will slow down my production time immensely. I based my decision off of the videos on line which make it look fast. Wish there would have been a dealer or show nearby to actually test on it first.  I was asked to do a review/comparison article, but I need to hold off on that for a bit. Just hoping they get it going faster sooner than later.

When I owned QuiltPath, I was told to send the design to the stitch out page and then go get a cup of coffee. I found this entire system quite cumbersome and slow. Even when it was stitching out, I found the fastest speed to be a crawl compared to what I could do when I owned a CompuQuilter. I now own an IntelliQuilter and will never go back. There is a major difference in the systems. I hope you can get your slowness problems fixed but I really believe (this is my own personal opinion) that the Windows Surface Pro tablets that are used for the QuiltPath are not powerful enough to run the software efficiently. 

Archived