Moving Millie up a floor in my studio

I have a studio at the Hot Shops in Omaha on the second floor, but next month I'm moving up to the third floor. The freight elevator is 10'x8', so I think I can get the rails in the elevator if I dismantle the machne some. When I moved here, Dave Jones (Mr. Deloa) moved the whole thing for me and set it up. So, I've never really taken the whole thing apart. any hints on what to be careful about? I plan to take the machine off the frame, and then take the rails and table off.

I just took my Millie and her 12' table apart to move.  It's being stored at the moment till next house is ready.

I took her off the table, placed her in her original carton.  I have a Bliss table, so I put protective foam over those  "rails" so they won't get scratched, dented,  etc.  I used pipe wrap that just fit the diameter of the Bliss rails - didn't tape them, just fit them over.  Wrapped the rollers in muslin and secured.  I also carefully wrapped the carriage since it has some of the electronic parts attached.  Of course took pix of everything so I can put her back together in a month.   You can do this - and it helps to have a second person to help carry those long parts. 

Take lots of pictures and mark your pieces.  I also used colored tape or tie wraps to coordinate wires and plugs to make sure they go back where they came out of (i.e. blue taped wire goes into the blue taped plug.  Millie is a fairly easy gal to take apart and put back together.

Archived