New here and used Lenni Longarm

Hi everybody

I am looking at a used Lenni to purchase on a 12 ft frame, but before I commit I would like to know if this set up is a good choice or not. It is a 2009 model. What questions should I ask the seller about this machine other than is it working properly? I live in an area with no longarm dealers or service techs. I have not tried this machine as it is not located in my state and if I decide to get it I will be going on a road trip to pick it up. I have read that APQS has great customer service by phone or email.

Hi, IMO it would depend on how you plan to use it, your budget, how much the machine cost, and what extras will come with it. I bought a used 2011 Lenni a little over two years ago, have done some 50+ quilts with no problems (after the first 7-8 months learning curve) and I am absolutely delighted with it.  But I don't have a business, don't ever plan on adding a computer, and use Circle Lord boards almost exclusively.  The older Lenni's have the vertical wheels and the tables aren't bliss compatible so I feel my circles aren't too great---but this may be an excuse for lack of skill.  Also, if you planned to make a business the 20 inch throat may be limiting. APQS machines are exceptional and service is only a phone call away.  Truly these are great machines designed to last forever.  Additionally, this form is a great resource, I have learned sooo much from the people who share their problems and solutions. Hope this helps you to make the right decision for you.  Sharon

Nana, where are you located?  Welcome to the forum.  Lenni is a great machine and 12ft is most quilters favorite table length.  APQS machine are great and their upkeep is minimal. Yes, APQS customer service is second to none, the techs will go out of their way to assist you (APQS quilter's also).  I hope others will chime in here especially those with Lenni's.  The majority of APQS quilters have moved from this forum to the We Love APQS, Facebook Group.   Ok here's some questions (other than where you are located).   APQS is a great choice, have you tried any machines yet?  How did you find out about the Lenni for sale?  Do you know anything about the seller?   Does the seller want cash, check, credit card?  Did the seller provide pictures of the machine and a  few quilts completed with it.  What is the price they are asking for the machine (every APQS machine has a bluebook value)?  Does the machine have any accessories, upgrades (fabric adv, bliss table, hydraulic lift, bobbin winder, pantos, rulers)?  How hard or light was it used (hours).  Was it used for a business or owner's use only.  Has it had what we call a 'spa treatment", which means has it been sent back to the factory or had a certified tech, open the machine for a good cleaning, parts check, oil, grease, brush change outs, etc.  Just like you take your domestic machine to the shop for cleaning, etc.  This should be done every few years depending on the sewing hours on the machine.  APQS machines are very user friendly and the majority of the regular maintenance and troubleshooting can be done by you.  Where was the machine set-up or stored, in a home, basement, garage?  I can think of more but this should get you started.

Recommendations.   Check out APQS sales for a new Lenni.   APQS sells used machine when available.  These machines are checked out and come out of the factory almost new.  Have you checked this forum for machine sales?  Look back through the used machine postings and compare the asking prices with the price asked for the machine you are considering. 

I'll stop for now and let this sink in and give you a chance to read other's inputs.  Will check back on your posting regularly.

Nanato6,

i think I just saw your post on the Quilting Board.  I left you a message there.  Go to the APQS website above, then pull up APQS machines, then pull up used machines.  There is a Lenni 2017 for sale, still lifetime warranty.  I don't know what the other one's cost is, but it's worth a look.

Gator,

Maybe you can answer a few questions for me please. If I were to purchase this 2009 Lenni, will APQS support me if I should run into any problems with the machine as far as should it need any parts to keep it running smoothly, (are parts still available for this model) will they help me if I have any questions about the machine? Thank you. I will only be using the Lenni for my own personal use, I do not have a business.

Carline

Carline:  I'm not Gator, but I can say no matter which APQS machine you have, new or old, APQS will support it with parts and tech support.  I have a 1997 Ultimate 2 bought eight years ago from a private owner, and every thing I've needed in the way or parts and support, they've provided.  Their support is outstanding.  The machines are great, and the support is even better.   You can buy with total confidence.  Jim

• 3 months later...

Archived