Disregard this post, I posted 2x and can’t find delete? ;)

Hi friends, I’ve tried locally to sell my used Ultimate I but there are several in the area with machines already established.  I’m running into the ‘that’s an old machine’ excuse, but we know it’s a great machine, especially if wanting to upgrade to a computerized quilting setup. Which I do not.  So...  Here’s what I’m selling for $3800.       **I will post to the Machines for Sale Page when I am at a regular computer. For some reason the only place I can get to on my phone today is this one.

Ultimate I (upgraded to I/S Turbo in 2012 but used little due to two shoulder surgeries) with the 14’ frame with older upgraded legs (square tube but newer than the original) that I bought used from APQS,  newer carriage, M&M wheels, new tension assembly, and new hook assembly (I hope that’s the right term!).  Because of my shoulder issues I added some bike handle grips and a cup holder for my supplies on the front handles that I’ll remove yet.  The  ruler base in the pics is one I made and doesn’t go with it but will have the original in place.

We could deliver, DEPENDING on location, for a fee. That can be discussed with an interested party.  PM me here and I’ll get back to you.

• 3 years later...
On 8/29/2018 at 10:03 PM, whitepinesquilter said:

I added some grips for dirt bike and a cup holder for my supplies on the front handles that I’ll remove yet.  The  ruler base in the pics is one I made and doesn’t go with it but will have the original in place.

The sort of solution you require is determined by both the type of bar and your own preferences. The bar grips may work if you have flat bars, but I suggest tape for bullhorns, drops, and other maneuvers.

The thing to think about with tape is whether or not you'll be riding it in the rain. When some tape becomes wet, it becomes extremely slippery. What kind of cushioning do you want? I have soft cork tape, as well as thin vinyl and cotton tapes, which feel extremely different.

When it's time to replace, I generally choose for cork for my daily commute. It's plush, gripping when wet, reasonably priced, and, in my opinion, easier to install for a novice than some of the others. It's also available in a variety of colors.

I've never used Brooks tape, but I know some riders who swear by it in general, as well as some riders who don't.