Here's what I've been working on this summer...

It's been a while since I posted.  Here are some customer quilts I had the privilege to work on.  The Hawaiian quilt is one that I made for a guild program I came up with "Faux Hawaiian Quilts".

Unfortunately I put a couple in twice and can't figure out how to delete from the post.  If you go to my flickr account you can see a few more pics of customer quilts.  I had removed most of my photos several months ago when I'd read that flickr had been taken over by someone else and we wouldn't "Own" our photos anymore.  Well, I just uploaded to flickr a few of what I've quilted recently.  Hope you enjoy the eye candy.  Thankfully I'm a better quilter than photographer.

I made this "faux" Hawaiian quilt. It's not applique, but stenciled with Shiva Paint sticksCloseup of my Hawaiian  quiltA memory quilt made from a woman's clothing

this is a memory quilt I made for a friend from some of her mother's clothing

Closeup of center

https://www.flickr.com/photos/foreverdesigning/30522708758/in/dateposted-public/

Closeup of center

On 9/9/2018 at 6:11 AM, Primitive1 said:

Those are all beautiful!  Did you applique the Hawaiian quilt?  How is it faux?

Vicki,

I made some freezer paper templates and used Shiva Paint Sticks to stencil the Hawaiian motifs.  I'm not very good at applique and don't have the time to do it.  I had worked up a program /workshop for our guild using this technique.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived