Using pattern boards for vertical borders

probbins

Any suggestions on how to use horizontal pattern boards to quilt vertical boarders? Only way I can think of is to turn the quilt around on the frame to make quilt border run horizontally like the pattern boards. Might be dumb question but I am new to this and you ladies have given me great help just by reading some of questions and answers. Thanks Quilting friends.

The best way to do it is to turn the quilt.  While I don't use pattern boards per se, I turn the quilts when I do Quiltazoid border patterns, or long straight line quilting.  It's just a matter of unpinning the quilt, rotating it 90 degrees and repinning.  It usually takes about an half hour.  BTW, I do all the horizontal quilting on the first pinning, before I turn it, and since the "sandwich" is completely secured, I only pin to one of the leaders when I turn.  Hope this helps. Jim

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 11:46 PM, probbins said:

Any suggestions on how to use horizontal pattern boards to quilt vertical boarders? Only way I can think of is to turn the quilt around on the frame to make quilt border run horizontally like the pattern boards. Might be dumb question but I am new to this and you ladies have given me great help just by reading some of questions and answers. Thanks Quilting friends.

i want to ask that how to use these vertical pattern boards as an horizontal shape 

Archived