Need help identifying component on 2012 Millie

I went to put my new Hartley extension table on my machine to practice with rulers, and I learned there was some sort of extension on the left side of the base my 2012 Millennium.  It has some sort of mechanism attached to the bobbin area, which makes me think it isn't intended to be removed. Can anyone tell me what this is (see attachment) and what extension table I should have bought for rulers with this unit?  I bought exactly what my dealer told me (Hartley extension table without cutter), and it won't work unless I take this thing off.  Looks like it could be attached to my Bliss unit?  Thanks for the help. 

20181225_210050.jpg

20181225_212518.jpg

That's your thread cutter. You have an activation button that will make the flat metal finger pivot and pull the bobbin thread between the blades to cut your bobbin thread, as long as the needle is up. You need a base extender made for one with a thread cutter, so your dealer gave you bad information and perhaps can remedy it for you. All Millies of your vintage have the cutters, so I wonder where the mix-up happened. The thread cutter can be removed and your base installed, if you think you won't use it. I use mine a bit and also can do SID without my base installed because the extra area on the left supports the template enough to get by. Search online or on this forum for the steps to remove the cutter. Edited to add---blow out under the plastic cover of the cutter to get the big ball of fuzz from between the blades.

• 2 months later...

Archived