Frame Assembly

ckuipers

Since you're now sewing with your "new" Ult 1, I'm guessing you figured out how the frame is assembled.  If not, I'd suggest you look in the "used machine for sale" forum here to locate Ult 1's that have been for sale, and search the photos for clues on how the frame goes together.  Good luck.  Jim

Cindy:  Did you follow up on Nigel's video recommendation?  If not, do so.  The best way I've found to help "index" the beginning of a tension adjustment is to start by tightening up the top tension until it pulls the bottom thread to the top on every stitch.  Then begin loosening it until you get a balanced stitch.  Really loose top tension can make it look like something else is a problem.  It can also lead to "birds nests" and broken thread.  Good luck.  Jim 

• 2 weeks later...

I have cleaned, changed needle, rethread with a different thread, changed the bobbin. The stitches are much better, but I still am getting some bird nests on the back occasionally. We have been without internet for a until late yesterday so I haven't had a chance to watch the video. That I plan to do this weekend. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Cindy

Archived