Ultimate 1

I acquired an Ultimate 1 this past spring. I am just now able to set it up. I have some issues/questions. There is no user's guide. The gentleman I got the machine from rescued it just before it went to the dumpster. The previous owner was getting rid of it. He did a lot of work to get it to running order and used it successfully for 7-8 years. He moved to another state and a much smaller house and couldn't take it with him. He is not available for me to ask questions. I am unable to find the answers on the website.

I cannot find the button to turn the light bar on/off. It comes on when the machine is plugged in. There may not be one since he did his own modifications.

I cannot find the needle up/down button, if there is one. 

I am sure I will have more questions as I go along so I will appreciate any advice/help/suggestions.

Thanks!

The light switch is probably on the top cover of the machine above the speed dial.  It should be a rotary type that you turn clockwise to operate. When you stop the machine does the needle always stop in the same position?  If not you will not have a single stitch button.  You will have to rotate the flywheel by hand to make a single stitch and when you stop stitching just like you do with your older domestic machines.

Nigel

Thanks, Nigel. I found it right where you said it should be.

The needle does not stop in the same position. There is a 'pulse' button on the left handle and a 'run' button on the right handle. I am getting better at using the pulse button to pull up the bobbin thread. 

Now I am having tension issues. I am getting loose loops on the top and really loose loops on the back. I have the top looking better, but the back hasn't changed.

Cindy

Archived