Friend

Over five years ago a wonderful lady on this forum replied to one of my posts on this forum. She complimented me on the quilt I made and use as my profile picture. She wanted to know if I would share the pattern with her. We ended up being friends on Facebook and texted and called each other. She lived about 12 hours away from me. We had so much in common we could have been sisters. We were modern day pen pals so to speak. We always planned to meet in person, but something always got in the way. My dear friend passed away last month from cancer after being diagnosed late last fall. Even though we never met in person, I considered her my dearest friend. I never did find the pattern to the quilt that started our friendship so I sent her the actual quilt. I wish I had sent it years ago to her. Don’t minimize the friendships made here. They truly make a difference in people’s lives. Until we meet in heaven Diana

22FCF487-78A8-4A84-BEC0-B633BB27382F.jpeg

What a wonderful story.  The only friends some of us have are the ones here.  I suffer from major depression and PTSD and many that I have met here gave  me words of encouragement when needed .  I feel a little sad that many are now on the Facebook site, which doesn't seem as personal as here. 

Archived