Terrible vibrating while quilting and quilt bouncing up and down

Jerry Randell

Hello,  My wife owns a Lucey on a 12' table.  She has been experiencing terribly vibrating and the quilt bouncing up and down while quilting.  I have leveled the table so many times and it is right on spot with being level.  The two pieces of table top vibrate so badly and loudly and even separate in the middle due to the heavy vibration.  This is a machine that was purchased as a demo from APQS 2 years ago.  Can someone please give some advice as to why this is happening?  Or maybe what we could possibly try?

Thank You

Jerry Randell

Hi Jerry.  Can you tell me if the machine is on a slab or on wood floors.  If it's on wood floors and upstairs then it could possibly be where you have the machine located upstairs.  Even on carpet can cause problems upstairs, depending on where it's located.  Houses aren't made the way they used to be made.  A friend of mine had this problem years ago upstairs on carpet and it was set so that the machine only had one solid wall and the other three had windows in them.  They moved the machine downstairs and it solved the problem.  Houses just aren't structured soundly enough upstairs anymore. 

Lynn.