Memorial Golf Shirt Quilt

So my wife is beginning a quilt project for a dear friend of ours. Her husband recently passed and she wanted a quilt make of the golf course logos, and a few others, on all the golf shirts that he owned. About 36 of them i believe. The plan is to us a 6 inch by 6 inch swatch from the chest area of the shirts. Was looking for some good advice on how to even begin planning this out. We are extremely novice at "quiltspeak" also. 

Thanks

What a thoughtful gift from you and your wife!

In addition to on-line information, T-shirt Quilts Made Easy is a great book resource.  I found it to be full of great information, even though I did not really use any of the specific quilt designs in the book.  Nancy's Notions is just one of the on-line sources for this book: https://www.nancysnotions.com/t-shirt-quilts-made-easy-book.html or you may find it at your local quilt shop.

Good luck, and be sure to post pictures of your finished project!

• 1 month later...

I have made many memory quilts using all type of clothing.  After I cut away the shirt backs, I use a lightweight fusible interfacing to back the area that will be cut into a block. I also use graph paper to map out my design and block placement. I try to distribute dark colors, whites, etc.  And I like to vary the block sizes a bit to add interest and I usually add sashings.  But, whatever you do it will be an amazing keepsake for your friend.  Have the tissues ready! Good luck!