2018 APQS Millie Thread Cutter malfunction

I have a problem with my thread cutter. I have attempted to use it in the past and it made a noise but did not actually cut the thread. I attempted to use it today and now Millie is stuck in thread cutter mode. It keeps clicking and thread cutter button is lit but nothing is happening. I turned the power off and back on but it is still just clicking. I tried pressing the thread cutter button on the back and the front but the light will not turn off and the machine keeps making that noise.

I tried calling APQS service but they are closed until Monday. I am so disappointed  because I hoped to finish this quilt top this holiday weekend before i go back to work on Monday.

You should still deal with APQS Corporate about this, but in the meantime, you can disengage the cutter mechanism for the weekend: turn your entire system off, pop the cover off the back of the thread cutter assembly housing. Once you have the cover off, you should see two molex connectors - white plastic connectors. Disconnect both - that should free up the thread cutter puller arm - that's the arm that swipes under the needleplate, grabs the bobbin thread and carries it between the two cutter blades. Move the puller arm away from the needleplate area. You should be good to quilt until you have a chance to talk to APQS next week!