Just need to vent.  I spent a lot of money, moda fabrics from my local quilt shop and not to mention time making a baby quilt for a co-worker. I thought the quilt was beautiful.  I have been quilting for a long time and have a long arm, so this was not my first quilt.  I gave her the quilt a few days ago wrapped in a gift bag. I didn't witness her opening the bag.   I am really sad.  She has not even told me thank you or any type of comment on the quilt. I don't expect anything but "a thank you".  I am concerned she thinks I picked up the quilt on the side of the road quilt sale or a yard sale. I am probably being sensitive.  I am in the process of making another quilt for another co-worker but really don't have the desire to finish. Think I will donate this quilt to project Linus and give the usual gift of a pack of diapers. Anyway just needed to vent.

I understand what you are feeling. We put our talent and Hearts into our work, and we want that love and care to be appreciated. Unfortunately, not everyone is taught to be grateful and appreciative for gifts of any kind. Chalk it up to her forgetfulness or lack of character. But please, continue to share your love and quilting with others. I encourage you to be sure to put a label on all of your quilts, including baby gifts, that identify YOU as well as your blessing for the gift receiver. Eighty years from now, your work may eventually be appreciated by someone who picks up your quilt at an estate sale or flea-market. Maybe include a picture of you quilting the quilt at the longarm, or of your piecing the quilt and a personal note of congratulations along with your quilt. At least you will know they DO know that it is handmade by you personally. Blessings!

Joyce,  Sharon has really good advice and points.  We all  feel your frustration and pain.   I made a really beautiful quilt for a really close relative, who knew I was a quilter, when I began quilting a long time ago.  I even received  a thank you for the quilt but when I visited their home,  where was the quilt?  It was in their new puppies crate.  Not only that, it was cut in half so one part was in the crate and the other half was used to cover the crate.  My heart stopped and I couldn't stop looking at it!  I didn't say anything but it's been very hard to forget.  There's always one unappreciative apple in the barrel.  They just don't understand, when they see lots of quilts at Walmart, Cracker Barrel etc.  selling for less than a yard of good cotton fabric costs us.  I didn't stop quilting and giving my heirlooms to others.  The appreciation and thank you' s  have been overwhelming through the years.  Putting labels on your quilts is a must, they will be appreciated for years and  maybe even centuries.  Don't give up nor deny other's your quilting talents the rewards will quickly out number the single lack of a "thank you".   Charity quilts are special and needed  too, I am a veteran (27yr in the Navy) and I make "Quilts of Valor" for others.  They are my brothers and sisters and they treasure the quilts.   Venting is good, we understand and are here to listen and in your case share our feelings. 

All I can say is, some people are absolutely clueless (I mean absolutely completely clueless) to the heart and soul and thought and love that the quilter goes through in making a one-of-a-kind ---"BLANKET" ... these people are absolutely clueless.

Even though you never received a thank you it doesn't mean they did not appreciate it. Trust me, every one of us has had this happen to us. What I do is I make and give quilts because it makes me feel good and I love doing it. It's a gift that I chose to give. What happens to my gifted quilt after I have given it is no longer in my control. I'm sure that some of my gifted quilts are being used in a not so flattering ways. I'm willing to accept that fact. I know that most people are grateful and are thankful and treasure them. 

Sending you a hug. Don't ever stop creating and giving the things you love. It's something that makes you special and kind.