i bought a Lenni

WONDERFUL!

So, between now and the arrival date, remember that your new "baby" needs a quilt! So, start piecing a special one together so you two can bond when the big day arrives!!!

PS: I love your bog! You have a BEAUTIFUL family. You must be so proud.

PSS: I just bought a bunch of longarm supplies today from your mom, Linda Lang in BC. She's such a nice lady!!! :)

Hi Nadia

Mom is very excited-she can't wait to play on it either lol! i may have to lock it up when i'm not using it :D

QuiltMonkey, thanx so much, blogging is another one of my addictions. and i think i may have answered the phone when you placed your order yesterday lol

Nadia & QuiltMonkey: now tell me, when little Lenni wakes up at night and wants to play what am I to do? Can't leave the poor little boy to his own devises, whatever they are.

Just think of all the fun I can have with a new "little" machine! I think I am just as excited as Rhonda is. We have to strip wall paper & paint the room for the new baby.

Right now I am working on a very large flannel quilt - pattern Alfresco thread Superior SoFine and pewound bobbin. Love It. I'll post a picture on my blog when finished http://quiltedcats.blogspot.com/

Ok, if I had the money in the bank for a down-payment, I'd buy Lenni today. So can someone please tell me why I shouldn't before I win the lottery and do something impulsive? I tried to see a comparison, but apparently Lenni is so new he's still in the isolette, so I hope you all can help me compare them, as I'm too lazy to switch back and forth a million times between pages (since I can't remember an iota of what I just read on another page, LOL!) Like, how the throat space compares and what difference it makes to the quilting space, etc. etc.

Hi Patty

Why you shouldn't - thats a tough one!!

I know what you mean about finding it hard to read information on the internet so here are some of the features of the new Lenni:

Lenni has the same head space as the Discovery and Liberty and weighs the same - nice and light for freehand

Has APQS" stitch regulator

Has a fold-down table - great if you haven't got the space for a permanent set-up

Is adorable!

Sue in Australia

I think the Lenni is a brilliant marketing move, Patty, making a truly quality machine affordable and directly squaring off against the HQ16 'guilts' (oh, the agonzing over whether that wasn't good enough for me!). I was fortunate enough to get a used Liberty and selected a 10 ft table--I have limited space and only quilt for myself. It is perfect for me (of course, there are times the extra space would be awesome--especially with the HF and microdrive attached). The George had just been annouced when I was purchasing but it didn't answer my needs. I have no doubt that I would have jumped at this new offering as a terrific opportunity. Very best wishes on your decision-making!!

Caroline

I'll tell you what's painful!...buying a Millenium and paying almost double

and then this "Lenni kid" comes on the market! I still think they are ALL too high

Priced! Almost forces a person into doing outside work to pay for it. Mine will be paid for when I'm 72 y/o....no lie!

ML in Mo.

I just checked out Darlene's site....how cool is that table? Move over Husquvarna & Pfaff with new generation frame home systems. This will give tem serious competition. When you consider that the HandiQuilter 16 with HQ portable frame was $8800.00, this Lenni & Table is a great price for that kind of system.

My 2 cents worth anyway.....

So congratulations QuiltNutOne...will you be taking classes with Darlene? I will be there for the September Class, maybe we'll meet.

Happy quilting

I have a question that no one has asked yet about Sir Lenni

;)

Ok here it is we know that it is a stripped down model of the Liberty (same size & weight, needle positioner, & stitch regulator)

1) Does it have a laser light that is moveable from front to back?

2) Does it have horizontal channel locks?

3) Does it have advanced speed? or do you have to manually advance the quilt?

4) Does it come with a stand alone bobbin winder? What size bobbin does it use, the "L" bobbin like the rest?

5) Do you load the quilts like you do with the others?

Basically I want to know what I got that costed me an extra $5,000. with my Liberty, LOL;)

Also the Liberty has the 12"stitching capacity (as does the Lenni) what is the stitching capacity for the HQ16? is it the same or is it less? This could make the Lenni blow the HQ16 out of the water competitor wise.

Joann

Hi Joann,

I own an HQ16 and I get a true 12 1/2 " because the leveler roller is right beneath the take up roller (always wished the Liberty's was too) and the pole is only about 1 1/8" in diameter ( I like the thicker ones).

I used to own a Mille and loved it but sold it a couple of years ago for personal reasons. I have been really impressed with my HQ16's performance. The stitches are great front and back, and it truly runs all threads like a dream. I will sure miss my M bobbin if I go back to a Mille, but the SR is worth it to me.

But, the SR is no comparison to the APQS SR, which after trying every other machines, NONE compare, but the HQ SR is as good to me as the other brands.

The Lenni would be awesome if the SR is as good as the Liberty's and Mille's and you get a little more stitching room than the Liberty.

HTH:)

Kerri;

Thanks for answering the ? about the HQ16.

I am not looking to buy another machine love my Liberty (would be nice to have the Millie with a CQ but not in the cards right now) anyways I thought that I would start the comparrison between the Lenni & the HQ16 since it will come up evetually.

So price wise there is roughly about $1,000 difference, the stitching space is also roughly the same.

How about the warrienty on the HQ16?

And how is the customer service with the HQ16 when or if something goes wrong?

Thanks

Joann

The warranty is 1 year electrical, 2 years mechanical, and 10 years limited warranty on the machine and parts. The company has been very nice and helpful similar to APQS and stands behind the product. I have had virtually no problems in 1 and 1/2 years.

The motor is definitely not as powerful.

That's about all I know:)

Hi Joann,

Lenni will come with the built in laser that you can move front to back. No channel locks or motorized fabric advance. It does have the same bobbin size as all of our machines (smart bobbin) :) It will come with the stand alone bobbin winder and you load your fabric just like the other machines, it's just a 10' table though. Buttons are not all built into the handles like your machine, and no meter guage for the SR..a knob with the numbers around it.

Hope that answers all of your questions. :)

Later,

Archived