i bought a Lenni

I wish I could contribute answers but only have more questions! I have been comparing just about every long arm on the market with the idea of buying within the next month. Am planning on using for not only my only quilts, but those that my partner and are selling (just getting started) and also finishing work for other people. I only started machine quilting 3 mos. ago and am hooked and have totally outgrown my Pfaff (for quilting only)--this from someone who refused to even use a sewing machine until about 4 years ago! Am going to look at some Nolting machines next week and HQ16 also, but noone sells APQS locally. Any tips from you experienced long arm users?

Well Nanam....I never used a longarm befor March of this year. I live in northern Saskatchewan, Canada, and there is no local APQS Dealer here either, my next one to this point was in BC, or ON. I bought a used APQS FReedom, they shipped it from the factory and I assembled all myself. I dont expect any thing to go wrong with it, so to have a Dealer close by is not an issue. As well, the People at APQS seem to be right on top of any problems you might experience by walking you through the solutions.

The manuals are absolutely excellent, even a non mechanical person like me had no problem setting things up. My machine runs like a charm and I love it.

I did a lot of research as well, I had a HVMega Quilter, and did not like it, I considered the HQ16 and read several comments where those that had one, outgrew it in a matter of month. So my 2 cents worth to you is this, if you are going to do alot of quilts and it seems you will be, spend the money and get a solid table and a solid machine.

Do a search at the top of this page for nolting, A1, Gammil & HQ16. Any comments anyone has written about them will come up. That was also what influenced me to by APQS.

So....here are my 4cents woth now. Good luck in your search and

happy quilting

Thanks for everybody's input and 4 cents worth. This is really helpful to me too. I had wondered for a long time about the HV Mega and the HQ16, so it's really great to read what you think of those in comparison.

I get what you mean, Monika, about not expecting anything to go wrong with one of these machines. With the price nothing better go wrong! Of course, I know if *I'm* using it, something will go whacky, as I'll probably mess it up, LOL! But the machine itself is most likely going to be in A-1 condition even if it's used, judging by what people here have said about theirs.

Still wannabe....

Hello Patty.....I bought my machine "used" from APQS, not privately. So my machine is "factory certified" with a full 1 yr warranty. That gave me alot of confidence and piece of mind. I would never consider buying this kind of machine for that kind of money from a person I don't know. But that's me.

Whatever you do.....don't buy a Mega Quilter, everyone I know who has one has nothing but tension trouble, and with your amount of quilting....you'll find it very limited with the 11" throat space, which narrows down to about a 6" pantograph. Not much for a business quilter.

If you want more info about the machine, feel free to e-mail me, I'd love to talk to you.

• 4 weeks later...

quiltnutone, you are so lucky, I am still in the dreaming stage and hope to get a lenny soon I also was checking the HQ16 and Mega quiter but I want to start a home business since my auto accident I can't do my kind of work anymore(realestate sales and mortgage loans) extremly stressfull. I have been a sewer for 40 years and quilter for 10years but now can no longer quilt by moving the quilt because one arm no longer works as well as it should so I thought long arm quilting would be fun. Thanks for everyones input.

I've read messages here that several of you have ordered the new "Lenni" machine. Has anyone received one? are you using it? if not---when is your expected delivery schedule?

Thanks in advance for any info./ reviews on your expectations and use of"Lennie":)

APQS is honored by the overwhelming response to our new Lenni quilting machine. New machines will start shipping to customers at the end of August. If you have not had a chance to see Lenni in person be sure to stop by the booth in Pennsylvania this month and give it a try for yourself.

Lenni will be at the Quilt Odyssey Show July, 26-29. Hershey, Pa.

Hope to see you there!

For what it's worth . . I saw Lenni at MQS. I started out quilting on an ancient short arm, then an Ult. I, then a Freedom and now a Millennium. I love Lenni and if he/she had been available when I was looking for a stitch regulated machine, I would definitely have gotten it. Love the features, love the price, love the APQS service, support and warranty.

I don't have the power advance on my Millennium so that's not something I would miss. I rarely use my channel locks so I wouldn't miss that.

We move around some and it's always a concern to have to find a room for the 12' table so having a 10' table would be fine with me.

Anyone thinking about the Lenni, I say you can't go wrong.

Well, I apologize for not coming back here to see responses, so I missed your post, Monika. Thanks for the offer of info privately. Right now, I am kind of waiting till I go to the demo class on the 27th here in Portland, and hoping hoping hoping they will have Lenni there. I think he is the only one I can aim for right now, and he is QUITE a chunk to save all by himself, so I'll see what I think of him when we meet at the airport Shilo. Till then, I must withhold all decisions. Actually, I must withhold all decisions anyway, until I have the money. LOL!! :D

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has received their Lenni yet. I'm interested in how easy it actually is to set up and break down. I have limited space so a machine that I can store away for periods of time might work out well. Does any one know if you can stitch in the ditch on the Lenni, use the Hartley fence, or the other rulers on it or is it too small a machine? Same question about George regarding stitching in the ditch, or are they free motion only? I have it down to those two machines but now am going back and forth between the two. DB

Well I am wondering if I jumped the gun too soon!!! Just put together my new Liberty (first longarm) last Sunday. Im so excited to get this business going. I think all the machines have their good points and not so good points. After a lot of hours of internet and talking research, I finally decided on the Liberty, but would have bought the Milli if I could have afforeded it. As it is, hubby croaked when he saw the price of Longarms:P

DB I thought the George was just an oversized like sewing machine .... you move the fabric not the head of the machine? Maybe I'm off track. I don't believe you could use Circle Lord, Harley Fence, Quilt EZ or any of the other template type aids. There are no rails with a George.

Lenni I don't know. The Lenni isn't in the line up for comparing of machines yet.

Dixie you are right, the George is a sit-down machine that you move only the fabric so the aftermarket products mentioned will not work. We are working on getting the Hartley Fence so it will work with the Lenni. Lenni has not yet shipped to anyone as we are working on them in production right now. You should soon see some literature on Lenni as we have taken professional photos for brochures.

Later,

Thanks for the responces regarding George and Lenni. I know that George is a sit down machine but with just a hopping foot how do you do staight lines or stitch in the ditch with this machine? I'm thinking of one queen sized top that I have, very geometric design, that I had planned just to do linear lines on. Is there a walking foot for George? I'm glad to hear that there is work in progress to down size the Hartley fence to be used with the Lenni, I wasn't sure if I had read previously that the standard equipment wouldn't work with Lenni. Sure wish there was a dealer near me. DB

• 4 months later...

DB, Getting straight line or Sid on the George would be just like your dsm.. you have to handle it on thru, and pray it\'s going to keep going straight. a lot of stop and go.

Frogteacher, it looks like it is going to be some time yet before there are many machines out there.. some burps and bumps in the road on the way to completion and shipping. They seem to be pretty well ironed out now, so I\'d ask again in a couple weeks.. In a new post to get the attention.

Hope you find someone.. RitaR

Hi Sally,

You do get a beginners DVD that will come with the Lenni. This covers loading the fabric, many beginner tips and taking care of your machine. It is coupled with maintenance trouble shooting tips and adjustments if you should need the.!

Take care,

Archived