Beware of trolls and fraudulent members on this forum!!!

Please be wary of trolls and unsavory people posting on this forum. I was recently victimized by someone who goes by the name Celena. This person blatantly copied and pasted my story under her name. Are people half nuts? What is going on here? I'm deeply troubled by this. 

To all of you kind folks here, be wary that there are some odd happenings on what should be a safe place for all of us. Here's the post I'm referring to. 

Shana,  I agree you have to be careful due to trolls etc.  I couldn't read the post your were referring to but I know they are here.  I usually look really close at the number of posts the person has submitted and the topic title before answering something.  The forum isn't what it used to be, most members and new owners have migrated to the Facebook Group but I still love the forum.  I find the "search" element to be easy to use.  I miss the closeness this group had too.  I get lost on Facebook, here this minute gone the next, LOL.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:33 AM, Gator said:

Shana,  I agree you have to be careful due to trolls etc.  I couldn't read the post your were referring to but I know they are here.  I usually look really close at the number of posts the person has submitted and the topic title before answering something.  The forum isn't what it used to be, most members and new owners have migrated to the Facebook Group but I still love the forum.  I find the "search" element to be easy to use.  I miss the closeness this group had too.  I get lost on Facebook, here this minute gone the next, LOL.

Oh, Connie... I agree with you and I miss the "old days" on the APQS forums, too. Back then, it truly was a very special place and time... where so much creativity was shared and forever friends were made. 

IMHO, when they changed the forums, several years back, it got MUCH harder to post photos and follow threads - we lost a lot of followers at that point. I know there are those who will NEVER be on Facebook, but FB doesn't have the restrictions that this forum has - and those of us trying to help customers on the various APQS pages get instant notifications when someone needs help, instead of needing to check in here several times a day (although I try to do that anyway!). I love Facebook for the ability to follow my family, both close and extended, and the ability to help my customers quickly, easily, with links to files and photos.
If you don't do Facebook, then it's up to you - and the rest of you that don't do FB - to make this the forum that you want! ;)

• 1 month later...

Just dropped in to say 'hey'. I am on FB, but I loved the original forum, or I guess it was original...it was the forum in and around 2004 or so. We had so much fun back then. There were some quacks here and there....what was the guy's name Shana who got mad when you told that hysterical joke about your car breaking down or running into another car....anyway it had to do with the guy in the other car being a midget. It was a very funny joke, but he took offense and sent me some terrible personal messages....the only time I thought Rod was going to visit a quilter besides me, lol. I forget to visit this forum. 

Hi MB! Those were the days, huh? What a great group! Through our forum friendships I got to personally meet Barb Mayfield (Washington like me), Mary Beth (Missouri), Shana (Alaska),  Rita Armstrong (North Carolina), Dell D (Florida), Myrna Ficken, Linda Alexander (remember her?), Dawn, almost the entire APQS sales group and a couple of techs, an entire group of owners from the Portland,OR area---we started a great longarming group--and many sisters I've never met. Yes, we had a few clunkers (remember Michaelalan---the dismissive man-splainer?) and cried along with family when we lost a few. I miss the old forum but I love FB and enjoy seeing lots of the old forum friends there.