Sign in to follow this  
quiltmonkey

Beware of trolls and fraudulent members on this forum!!!

Please be wary of trolls and unsavory people posting on this forum. I was recently victimized by someone who goes by the name Celena. This person blatantly copied and pasted my story under her name. Are people half nuts? What is going on here? I'm deeply troubled by this. 

To all of you kind folks here, be wary that there are some odd happenings on what should be a safe place for all of us. Here's the post I'm referring to. 

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Shana, you reported this poster and this post, correct??

314B4A28F5D2B9A393862864B500E102.png
Barbara Mayfield
APQS Sales Representative & Educator
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~Henry van Dyke

APQS Northwest

1085 12th Ave. NW, Suite D2

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

Yes

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Shana,  I agree you have to be careful due to trolls etc.  I couldn't read the post your were referring to but I know they are here.  I usually look really close at the number of posts the person has submitted and the topic title before answering something.  The forum isn't what it used to be, most members and new owners have migrated to the Facebook Group but I still love the forum.  I find the "search" element to be easy to use.  I miss the closeness this group had too.  I get lost on Facebook, here this minute gone the next, LOL.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

On 9/24/2019 at 4:33 AM, Gator said:

Shana,  I agree you have to be careful due to trolls etc.  I couldn't read the post your were referring to but I know they are here.  I usually look really close at the number of posts the person has submitted and the topic title before answering something.  The forum isn't what it used to be, most members and new owners have migrated to the Facebook Group but I still love the forum.  I find the "search" element to be easy to use.  I miss the closeness this group had too.  I get lost on Facebook, here this minute gone the next, LOL.

Oh, Connie... I agree with you and I miss the "old days" on the APQS forums, too. Back then, it truly was a very special place and time... where so much creativity was shared and forever friends were made. 

IMHO, when they changed the forums, several years back, it got MUCH harder to post photos and follow threads - we lost a lot of followers at that point. I know there are those who will NEVER be on Facebook, but FB doesn't have the restrictions that this forum has - and those of us trying to help customers on the various APQS pages get instant notifications when someone needs help, instead of needing to check in here several times a day (although I try to do that anyway!). I love Facebook for the ability to follow my family, both close and extended, and the ability to help my customers quickly, easily, with links to files and photos.
If you don't do Facebook, then it's up to you - and the rest of you that don't do FB - to make this the forum that you want! ;)

314B4A28F5D2B9A393862864B500E102.png
Barbara Mayfield
APQS Sales Representative & Educator
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~Henry van Dyke

APQS Northwest

1085 12th Ave. NW, Suite D2

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

Just dropped in to say 'hey'. I am on FB, but I loved the original forum, or I guess it was original...it was the forum in and around 2004 or so. We had so much fun back then. There were some quacks here and there....what was the guy's name Shana who got mad when you told that hysterical joke about your car breaking down or running into another car....anyway it had to do with the guy in the other car being a midget. It was a very funny joke, but he took offense and sent me some terrible personal messages....the only time I thought Rod was going to visit a quilter besides me, lol. I forget to visit this forum. 

Mary Beth