Judy L's book

Mary Beth

Only advice I can give you is . . never let them see you sweat! :)

Always pretend you're totally confident, in complete control and customers and others will never know you're not as confident as you appear.

Originally posted by MarthaProvencher

"OK . . you all see how insecure I really am! ....Yes, I still sweat when a customer sees their quilt after I've quilted it!"

Really??!! Gee, Judi, if YOU have self-esteem issues, what hope is there for me? I don't know whether to be comforted or dismayed that I'm in such good company. Is there no cure?

Martha, I wouldn't call it "self esteem" but I do think it's human nature for everyone and anyone, no matter who they are, famous or not so famous, to have butterflies in the stomach ... especially if it's an artist who is displaying their work, whether it's a singer, a painter, a dancer, a scupltor, a quilter... they (we) all want to please our customers or audience with our craft.

Originally posted by TheNiftyStitcher

I have ordered Judy L.'s book! They backordered it and told me it has not been publishsed yet. I can hardly wait. Anything else in the works yet Judy L?

Now . . if I waited til the whole book was finished and hadn't said anything on here, whatever makes you think I'd tell you about my next project this early??;)

Okay, Judy, I need this book TODAY, RIGHT NOW! I'm making a flannel snuggle quilt (by request) for my son's MIL. I have the center and inner borders done and need some clever ideas for the rest of the quilt. Some sort of 9-patch block is exactly what I had in mind. I've been collecting green flannels, enough for five more quilts, probably :P But then I guess there's no rush, really. Who needs a flannel quilt in the summer. Maybe Shana. ;)

Originally posted by catsigler

Okay, Judy, I need this book TODAY, RIGHT NOW! I'm making a flannel snuggle quilt (by request) for my son's MIL. I have the center and inner borders done and need some clever ideas for the rest of the quilt. Some sort of 9-patch block is exactly what I had in mind. I've been collecting green flannels, enough for five more quilts, probably :P But then I guess there's no rush, really. Who needs a flannel quilt in the summer. Maybe Shana. ;)

Hey!!! Would you believe that right now, as I type this, today's temperature in Fairbanks/North Pole is 81 degrees! Yes! And, next week it's supposed to be in the 90's. OK so there! I don't need no flannel quilt! ;)

Guest Linda S

I think 08 Judy! Actually, I had a fellow and his wife offer me accommodations anytime I want to come to Houston. Don't know if the offer would still be open, but we could take them up on it. They live in Crosby, right next to Houston, and are APQS folks too! Let's plan on going!

Linda

"corporate quilt rack of success."

Yet another funny from you.... and at Judy's expense!

Congrats, Judy! You told us about the contract way back when, but then I thought for some reason that the book deal had fallen through and you were relieved to not have all of the stress. Looks like you worked through it!

It's amazing to hear that YOU still sweat when you present a quilt to a customer. I see that you don't let them see it - but it's helpful to me to know that even pros are anxious when showing what you've added to someone's "baby."

Judy, you are a real stinker for keeping this from us.....:( I sure hope you plan on sending me signed copy when it comes out......because I will be getting one from you. Just let me know when you have them available.

Congratulations on this new adventure.......just don't forget us little people.......;) I had a great time last week and it was wonderful meeting you......hope we can get together again and plan on next year for sure.

Archived