13" pantos versus 8-9" pantos

Have been quilting with the 8-9" pantos and wonder if anyone is familiar with using the larger 13" ones.  Anne Bright has the option of purchasing the downloadable design, enlarging 200%, resulting in a 13" panto.  Do quilts with the larger, more airy design have a softer hand?  Do the smaller designs result in firmer quilts with a flatter appearance?  Your preference?  Thanks so much in advance for your responses.  Have a great day and Happy Quilting.  

The more dense the quilting, the flatter and stiffer the quilt.  But that is also subject to the kind of batting used.  Cotton batting will be much flatter than wool or poly; one batt will be flatter than a combination of two batts.  Just make sure you have enough throat space to comfortably stitch a bigger panto, and that the enlarged panto will still secure the quilt.

Thanks Gail.  I would be using wool.  Would 2 batts be too warm??  I definitely have enough throat space with Mille.  Hoping to do the Anne Bright Musical.  Have it in the 8 1/2 but was thinking of enlarging it.  Her pantos are very consistent in density so think it would secure the quilt.  Looking for a quilt that just puddles around you and yet firm enough to have that quilted feel.  Think I will make a trial sample.  Thanks again for your thoughts and your time. Have a good day..