Lydia. F.

What do I charge to quilt a baby quilt edge to edge.

I have been quilting for about 10 years & have gotten into free motion quilting in a big way. I love the quilt part & some ladies have been asking me to quilt for them. I have no idea what to charge. I use a Sweet Sixteen to quilt on. This is the most recent quilt that I completed.
I would appreciate some guidance.

Thank you

Lydia.F.

EA8C00EB-1941-41AA-B48E-AED6C3C2EBEF.jpeg

EEDC4B3D-AB9E-4BB2-9C20-DB76583AD76B.jpeg

don't give your talents away... you can charge per inch or by the hour.  For a small baby quilt that is not custom, but more of a pantograph edge to edge design, I would charge one lump sum fee.  My minimum fee is $40 plus thread and batting.  I do not do custom work, only edge to edge designs mainly pantographs.  I charge by the inch for larger quilts... example   for a quilt that is 70x95 = 6,650x.01= $66.50

Laura

my.doterra.com/naturespoweroils

8 hours ago, mamu said:

don't give your talents away... you can charge per inch or by the hour.  For a small baby quilt that is not custom, but more of a pantograph edge to edge design, I would charge one lump sum fee.  My minimum fee is $40 plus thread and batting.  I do not do custom work, only edge to edge designs mainly pantographs.  I charge by the inch for larger quilts... example   for a quilt that is 70x95 = 6,650x.01= $66.50

Thank you so much for the information that you gave me regarding what to charge to edge to edge quilt. I want to start quilting for customers. It is my favourite part of quilting. I see that you are in Montana! We spent lots of holidays in the Whitefish area. Such beautiful country. I’m in British Columbia, Okanagan.. 

1 hour ago, Lydia. F. said:

Thank you so much for your reply. I have checked into what other quilters are charging & with charge accordingly. 

Also! Can I ask you what you charge for free hand quilting. That is what I do.

Merry Christmas 

Lydia