Lenni's BIG Debut

And to think I had to get all excited in advance and pay all the extra money on the Millenium and this would have been just the trick! And my room in this new house is alot smaller, so having a problem getting enough space

to operate my Millie Rose...Should have waited...they say hindsight is 20/20! Nice looking machine! ML in Mo.

I tested the Lenny while I was at MQS, too. I asked lots of questions, too. It drives like an APQS. The smaller throat threw me a little, my Ultimate I has 26". But the smaller size is attractive when you consider the amount of room it takes for a 14 or even a 12 foot table.

Even the rollers screw apart so you can dismantle it. Ideal if your quilt room is also your guestroom.

Your expanded base will work on Lenni (no thread cutter).

I don't think that my Circle Lord would work, though. The table top is only about 15" deep.

That's something else to consider, too. Pantos larger than 15" will not fit on the table.

The price makes it very tempting. I predict it will be a hit.

I'm curious about the quilting area. Someone replied that it is the same as the LIberty, but in the pics, it looks like the leveler bar is more directly under the take up roller.

17" would be great.

Is that the reason for more quilting area.

I measured from inside roller to roller and got 17 inches. I spoke to Mark yesterday and he said we loose a little because you can't come all the way to the roller bar. But either way you should not loose more that 2 inches. A couple of the reasons we have a bit more space is the table was designed with the rollers set a bit different and the rollers are smaller in diameter. So we get more quilting space AND we LOVE that:)

Myrna

OH GOSH..... both are awesome, OH GOSH both are awesome, OH GOSH both are awesome,

The tables are different, as is the tracking system. One thing that may help you decide is Lenni only has a 10 " table. Does that matter to you? Of course if price is an issue for you know Lenni is 9900. and the Liberty is 15,4000. You can always sell and upgrade at a later time. If you want to chat about it give me a call. I can ask you some questions to help you make the best choice for you.

OH heck I would still buy a Millie. She is bigger so I can quilt a larger area before rolling. And my DH tells me I always pick the most expensive everything:D

Myrna

Lenni looks great, esp for the space. How easy is it to put up and actually take down? I would primarily be using this for my own quilts, and thought I could set it up when I had a stack of tops to be quilted and put it away when I was done so my guests could actually use the guest room. With the HQ system the same machine can be used as a LA and a sit down machine with the addition of a foot pedal, different tables. Is this a possibility with Lenni? What's the turn around time on ordering/receiving Lenni. Any chance there might be a dealer in the North East/New England area? DB

Originally posted by Myrna Ficken

OH GOSH..... both are awesome, OH GOSH both are awesome, OH GOSH both are awesome,

OH heck I would still buy a Millie. She is bigger so I can quilt a larger area before rolling. And my DH tells me I always pick the most expensive everything:D

Myrna

LOL, my mind always goes right back to the Mille, but I think I have the same tendency on picking the most expensive. Not rolling so often sounds great.:)

Thanks for the information on stitching area.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. I'm trying to think of a boy name to call Lenni when I get him. Her. Oh dear. Better do something that fits both, eh? Yes, I said WHEN. That's how I'm going to make this happen, by using decisive language. Right now I've decided to buy Lenni and bring him home. Her. Oh dear. This could get confusing. Of course, I'll have to wait until I have a little more money. Like about $10,000. Yup. But I am going to buy a Lenni. Yup.

• 3 months later...

There is one more question.. Carla, bless her, is looking the answer up for me. and I think others need to be aware of where the two table sections meet in the middle.. I see the rail also is split there.. What is done to make it a smooth transition across the seam, to keep the machine from going kattywhompus when the wheels hit it? That's one BAD problem I've had with my jerryrigged machine I'm using now? No easy, clean way to cross the creek on mine.

Rita

Archived