Finally I have a machine!

I guess this is kinda a 'good news, bad news' situation. I finally have a longarm quilting machine! The good news is it cost me nothing more than hauling it back home (a 15 hour trip). We were in Missouri for a family reunion and my husband's cousin had a machine just sitting in her storage building. She gave it to me for free!

The bad news is it is not an APQS. I guess I can use it to practice, build my business and then trade up to the cadillac when I can afford it more!

I can't wait until this weekend when we get back from my daughter's wedding so I can start playing!

Nini

Well Whoo-hoo for you! What type of machine did you get? I think your practice and build the business idea is great, and you may even find that you love your machine too much to trade it in.

Have a great time at the wedding, and try not to be too anxious to get hom to play.

Beth

Nini,

That is absoutely awesome! How exciting, a longarm just jumped up & threw itself in your lap! LOL! Babies tend to do that, huh? Congratulations! Kenquilt has worked it's way up and is in third, vying for second place, because I just don't like the behavior of anyone I've run across from the #2 guys. I like the lease option they have with the financing, could make it easier to get a machine. But, all said, APQS is still #1!!

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone.

I'm new to these forums, but I just wanted to say hi. I'm from Australia and recently purchased a preloved Ultimate 1. I'm having a good time, had a couple rough patches, but it is just getting used to it all I suppose. I've upgraded from a DAQ shortarm, so it is like starting from scratch with my Ultimate. Hope to work out this forum site and all that is on the APQS site when I get time to sit at the computer and look around. I hope to learn a lot of hints and tips in the future to keep me going. Thanks. Vanessa (Bannockburn, Vic, Australia)

Vanessa,

Congratulations...Yes, there is a getting acquainted period with our machines. Once you two get to know each other, you will love each other. Welcome to the forum. There are so many knowledgeable people here who are eager to help if you have questions. Also, if you are having a problem, you can do a search on the forum for previous topics covered and find loads of information.

Oh, and we love picture!!

Have fun playing....

Mary Beth

Congratulations Vanessa! I'm really happy for you, and know you'll be rockin' and rollin' right along before long! Keep us posted on your progress as you get to know your new baby. I don't have a machine yet so I'm aways interested in hearing from new owners so I'll know what to expect someday. Have fun!!

Hi all. Thanks so much for your welcome messages, greatly appreciated. I have to say that I've had a lovely morning quilting, it has gone so smoothly and I've done my first panto where I could quilt 2 rows one after the other without rolling on in between. Going from a 7in quilt space to a 26in quilt space, that is a really big thing, the quilt only took 5 roll on's and it was done. I will try and remember to get my daughter to take a photo of me and my machine soon, then work out how to put it so you all can see me.

Nini,

Congrats to you and your machine. I think that is great and like you said, ....you can get use to longarm quuilting and build your business.

I saved for many many years for my Mille and when I got it I was still working so it has taken me some time to get use to her BUT love her.

When I am quilting, I feel as though I am in another world having a ball, so go girl have a ball. :):P

Jean

Mille

Archived