carriage sticking

Hi everyone,

Has anyone used the EdgeRider Wheels on there carriage?. If you have or know anything about them can you tell me what you think of them. My carriage is still not rolling smooth enough. I have the wheels really loose and it is much better but still sticks some. Are ther any tech people @ APQS I can talk to about this?. Maybe what I need is more time using the machine and less time worring about it. Any advise?.

Nora

Washougal Washington

Millenium

Nora,

How long have you had your machine? What do you mean by sticking? I have the old brown wheels on my machine and at first I had a hard time with loops and round designs being squared off. After I loosened my wheels as much as I could, it just took practice getting use to the flow. I'm sure you have checked, but once in a while, I get thread wrapped around the nut that holds the wheel on. Sometimes it is very hard to detect, but then an end will pop out and there can be quite a build up on your wheels. You might want to double check that just to make sure. Like run the end of your seam ripper or something pointed around that area to check for thread.

Just an idea. Good luck.

Mary Beth

If your table is level, & there is no thread wrapped around wheels then check to see if your rails are dirty. I have found that my machine won't glide as smoothly when the rails are dirty, just clean with rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth until their is no more dark greasy marks comming off the rails. Then you should be gliding with ease.

Joann

Hi Nora

Is the carriage sticky at one spot on the table, maybe the centre.

If it sticks in the centre of the table check the height of the bolts on the tension bars that run the length of the table. Put a spirit level front to back across the table in the centre and check its level back to front.

Is the table level on both back and front rails - along the length of the table?

Perhaps the bolts that hold the 5 cylinders across the table are not tightened equally, loosen them all and tighten equally by hand then give a quick tighten to each with a wrench making sure you put the same tightness on each one.

Have you got your wheels adjusted evenly (instructions for this are on this website)

If your machine wasn't new when you got it, check that you have the correct number of washers on the wheel bolts so that its level. Also check that the wheel bolts and cams are not burred.

good luck

Sue in Australia

Archived