McTavishing

I took a class on Mastering the Art of McTavishing...

I call this McAtchisoning....(Not quite the same ring)

When you view this...remember...there is no where to go but up!! ;) My first attempt: (I could title it What I learned at MQS, but that might discourage a few people).

post--13461898208472_thumb.jpg

Are you SERIOUS?!?!? I just got the Jamie Wallen packet..DVD/workbook...

Maybe you could throw a little "Jamie" in there, too...All I can say...you have

given me great reason to keep on trying....Like the little engine..."I think I can, I think I can"...and some of mine are pretty pathetic...I might even turn on the sewing machine and see how it does...so far we are on dry run.

Kind of like the Polaks with the chain saw...says it cuts more wood when they turn it on....Post another one, okay? I can't figure out how to put pictures on this thing...or I'd show you some REAL works of art...ha haha...

Remember...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...ML in Mo.

Guest Linda S

Hey! It's a start! :) I told Karen the first time I tried to do McTavishing it looked as though someone had squished a spider on my quilt (well, practice piece, fortunately!). Get Karen's book and DVD on Mastering the Art of McTavishing and watch her do it over and over again. Then draw it. Then quilt it. You can do it. Heck - if I ended up being able to do it, you surely can!

Linda

Linda, now you know that you are good...I have Mastering the Art of McTavishing...and I took a class at MQS by the same name. I have been through a lecture with Karen as a guest speaker at our longarm guild...and still I cannot McTavish!! But I will. I will not give up!! I'm going to wear out the DVD in my book. I'm leaving Wednesday for a fishing trip (not my idea) to Wisconsin - You should see the pile of books, notes, pens, pencils and paper-paper-paper I am taking with me.

Mary Beth: I hate to tell you but I don't think most fishermen (or fisherwomen) take books, pens, pencils, etc. on a fishing trip! Maybe poles, worms, hooks!;)

Like Linda said, if I can do it, anyone can do it and I know you can do it.

I teach a quilting class for new "megaquilter owners". Don't let the name throw you, it's not that MEGA.

I take my first PPP piece from when I first got my Liberty. And I take a more current "custom" quilt. I want people to know how I looked when I started. I almost cried thinking I'd spent so much money and it was SOOOO bad.

There is only one way to go, and that's up! Thank goodness for that!

cynthia

Mary Beth,

Just read your favorite quote. Stay on that horse and keep making those squiggly lines. Pretty soon they'll turn into that beautiful background that you are trying for.

If DH and I went fishing, I'd definitely take paper, pens, magazines, books, and an applique project. You wouldn't catch me fishing! Eewww! I'm an indoor girl. I don't even eat fish.

Donna, I've used one of my new tools and one of my old ones that I had never used before. I've also used some of what I learned in classes last week. It was a definite boost in confidence.

Phyllis

Oh I will be fishing...I like fishing. Usually I am tangled up on something and need to break my line. Told DH my concerns about holding up the charter boat because I am tangled on something and he gave me a look of total disbelief. He started laughing and said that the Great Lakes are like the ocean and I won't be tangled on anything....do we need to take bets?! I guarantee if there is an old sunken boat, or a tree of any kind, I will find it!! For Christmas every year DH loads me down with crapie jigs and and heads and tells me that it should get me through the spring. He is so funny, shouldn't give up his day job!!

I like fish, but not salmon, and that is what we should be catching. Something else too, like lake trout or something. I just know they are suppose to be big...I'll post pictures :)

I will be drawing, practicing on paper, yada yada....but not while I am suppose to be fishing. DH is paying for me to fish, I better fish, or learn to swim like one ;)

Archived