McTavishing

Hi Donna (aka Ruler Queen),

Glad to see you are using your new goodies. I am getting ready to use one of the new Meadow Lyon pantos I bought at MQS. There were so many quilts at MQS that used these patterns. Who knew that you could do a panto and put it in a show?

Helen Baczynski(sp) won a ribbon (and a big fat check) using the Meadow Lyon pumpkin panto on a Turning 20s quilt. The fabrics were perfect for Halloween. And of course, her quilting is fabulous. Helen and her DH, Tony, work for Intellistitch. They came down from Las Vegas to install my IS Turbo. I love my Ultimate I with IS.

Have fun fishing, Mary Beth. Try to catch fish, not trees, boats or a cold.;)

My DH knows me well enough to know that I don't want to go fishing. So, he'd find a place with a quilt store or two and a great place to sit and stitch or draw for me. Besides, the few times I did go fishing with him (I didn't fish, just sat and dozed) he didn't catch any fish. He told me I'm bad luck for fishing.

His fishing buddy is our DSIL. They have a fishing trip planned this weekend. They both love to fish. They'll go fishing and my daughter and I will talk and take care of babies. I think I get the better end of the deal.

Phyllis

Mary Beth - good luck on your trip! I wish for you to catch the biggest fish

of all the people on the charter boat! Hope you have great weather and

get back home safe to put all of those thoughts and talents back to work!

You will get the hang of it - put on some good tunes and dance baby!!:D

Phyllis - I am with you - - eeww! I have had some salmon in the freezer

for awhile now, he likes the stuff - I can't stand the smell of it! Last time I

cooked it - I threw away the whole pan instead of washing it! eeeww!!

Joy - Dragons? Whats wrong with that! I wish I could quilt dragons!!

I haven't used all my tools yet, I haven't even received the mother load yet. I have been working on an embroydered Thimbleberries quilt all week that has about a thousand borders and sashings, etc. So I have been playing with some of the free hand techniques, etc. as well as working in non-stitch related mode. I'll never get it done and she has another one for me to do after I get this one done. I don't like quilt multiples but I will definitely do something different on the next one.

As for fishing, my husband is a fisherman, and my son goes along with it, usually. My problem is that I am a red head through and through (although there are a bunch with much less pigmentation than me) and I don't just bake but I broil when in the sun more than about 15 minutes. I was at the dermotologist a couple of weeks ago (some of you saw the scabs at MQS) and he was impressed with how little sun I get! SO, I'm not even going to sketch on a boat with the boys. Unfortunately, I've suggested the you fish, I piece in the hotel holiday, but it hasn't happened yet. We're going to Disney World in August (nice and hot and humid but fewer people?). No fishin' if there's no quiltin'.

Donna

Judi, you are a woman of my own heart....I don't cook fish either, and just like you the last time, the pan went with it...can't stand the smell, can't stand the clean up.

I have heard that cooking it on the barbie isn't as bad and the smell stays outside, but not sure I even want to go there. :P

Archived