Droopy bottom on the downside when quilting

Are you quilting a single piece back, or one you've seamed together?  If you're using a pieced back, which way is the seam(s) mounted in relation to the rollers?  If perpendicular, the seam allowance piles up, making the backing at the seam act like its shorter than the sides.  Because of this, I almost always mount my pieced backs with the seams parallel to the rollers.  That also allows me to pin the selvage to the leaders assuring me the back is square with the rollers.   Jim

On 1/29/2021 at 8:33 AM, jimerickson said:

Are you quilting a single piece back, or one you've seamed together?  If you're using a pieced back, which way is the seam(s) mounted in relation to the rollers?  If perpendicular, the seam allowance piles up, making the backing at the seam act like its shorter than the sides.  Because of this, I almost always mount my pieced backs with the seams parallel to the rollers.  That also allows me to pin the selvage to the leaders assuring me the back is square with the rollers.   Jim

What Jim said. 

Regarding the roller brake -- you can adjust the brakes to your liking; lighter or tighter.