On the Towa what setting do you use for your bobbins?

I have a Lenni and I have been using between 190-200 on the Towa gauge and my bottom thread is really small ugly stitches, what am I doing wrong?  I have not been happy with my any of my stitches lately, does anyone have any advice about how to consistently get really pretty stitches top and bottom?  I am beyond frustrated.  

Your tension is too high---try 180 and loosen the top tension as well. You only need it tight enough to make nice stitches---tighter is definitely not better. I set at 180 for 50 wt and 60 wt thread and 150 for Microquilter (100 wt) and invisible. Match your top tension to your bobbin tension. Test-stitch on a sample to find the sweet spots where stitches are balanced. When you get good stitches with a certain combo, pull the top thread through the needle and to the left. See how much your tension spring deflects. Make a chart that with X top thread and Y bobbin thread, the spring deflects from 10 o'clock/resting to 9 o'clock pulled---or whatever. Eventually you'll get a feel for how hard it is to pull the top thread. Your small backside stitches may be cured or there may be something else going on. Tiny stitches can be a stitch-regulator problem or if you're using a ruler, you're pressing too hard. Good luck!