Moving questions - advice and tips appreciated!

We will be relocating from New England to NC in the next few months and I am looking for any and all advice on moving my Lenni.  I have a 12 ft blissed table.

I have the original box for Lenni .... but moving the frame and rails....?  I think I read somewhere about using pool noodles to cover the rails and wrap them extra with padding?

Advice?  Suggestions?  Tips?

Thanks all!

• 1 month later...

Deb, will you be moving your machine yourself, or having movers do it?  We moved last year, but less than an hour away, and we moved my machine ourselves.  I wrapped the rails in a lot of bubble wrap, as well as the table.  The trickiest part was getting everything in my van, and it took us more than one trip.  The guy who came out to estimate the moving job looked relieved when I told him we would be moving Emmeline ourselves.

Sorry I don't have any advice about using movers.  If you are on Facebook, you may want to ask this question there, in the We Love APQS group.

• 11 months later...

That could be a real challenge to move. I like your idea of using pool noodles. Personally, I've used 3 Movers to help relocate my stuff in the past and didn't have any problems. FWIW they also moved a fair amount of tools and equipment that my husband has and they didn't seem overwhelmed or put off by our requests that everything be handled with care. Probably varies from company to company, but they were easy to work with and did the job just fine. I can't imagine trying to tackle that on our own though - no thanks!

We did the move completely ourselves.

Lenni was packed in the original box and well secured.  Everything was labeled with blue painters tape for all the connecting cords, etc. as we disassembled to make things easier on the other end.  The rails and frame were all wrapped with lots of bubble wrap and shrink wrap plastic.  I used foam pool noodles sliced like hot-dog buns to go over the bliss tracks to protect them.
Everything sat in a climate controlled storage unit for about 6months+ before my dear hubby decided that I really NEEDED my sewing space and we managed to cram it all into our tiny rental house.  Things went together smoothly and Lenni was up and running like there had never been a move! 
Amazing machine from APQS and I'm still loving it as much now as in 2016 when I bought it.

• 1 month later...

NH Deb, I know you moved already.

I did I recent move. (April 2022)  we took my Lenni down put the head in its box, and put the little things in with it all wrapped up. We wrapped the legs and table and rollers with plastic wrap, made a picture box for the table top marked it fragile do not bend. wrapped the arms and carriage with foam and plastic. put in the pod and it all got to me with out a problem.  hope this helps someone in there future move.:)

• 4 months later...

I've never personally moved a Lenni table, but I've moved a lot of other large furniture items before. Using pool noodles to cover the rails and wrapping them with extra padding sounds like a great idea! It will definitely help to protect the rails during the move. I would also recommend disassembling the table as much as possible so it's easier to move and less likely to get damaged. Or, a better option would be to hire the professional movers from Wakefield Moving and Storage. I used their services once, and I wasn't dissapointed with their work. It's not that easy to find reliable movers nowadays, trust me.

• 1 month later...