Hey everyone I just purchased a janome artistic SD 18 and noticed it was discontinued. I’m having some trouble! My top thread keeps breaking and I would like to purchase a ruler foot. Does anyone have any info of where to get one or any info on this machine? I have checked online and there isn’t many videos about this machine.

thanks in advance

Congratulations! Is this your first quilting machine? I would like to recommend you check out Jamie Wallens' videos on setting tensions. If too tight, thread breaks happen. Also, check for burrs on your needle and thread guides. If my house is "dry" then I will use a thread lubricant on my thread. You can buy that in several places in small bottles or by the gallon! I have both. In a pinch, when I needed some and did not have any, I have even used sewing machine oil, but prefer the silicone. As to getting a ruler foot, check out stores where they sell Janome machines. Good luck!

I've noticed I will get thread breaks if I have the quilt stretched too tight on the frame.  If the thread breaks after I've advanced the quilt and changed nothing else, that seems to be the problem.  If I adjust one of the rollers or the side clamps, then the issue doesn't reoccur.