How to...mark the quilt

Wendy, They must have changed something. I now have to go back and forth to read a sentence, didn't used to. It's driving me crazy and I finally just give up and do something else. I tend to stop in here for short breaks (a minute or two) while I'm quilting just to give my body and eyes a tiny rest.

I' m wondering about eye safety and the black light. After reading about the dangers of black lights I don't think I want to use one. Has anyone else studied this. We have macular degeneration in my family and one of the dangers of UV light exposure is mac. degeneration. What do you think?

In response to Sue about the chemical blue washout and purple air vanishing pens: DO NOT USE THESE PENS ON ANYTHING UNLESS YOU PLAN TO CUT THE AREA AWAY. I am completely serious. You run a terrible risk of permanently damaging fabric when using these pens. I understand the appeal of them, but I have seen first hand the damage they can cause to textiles, and I would never trust them on any quilt. The chemicals can react to heat, light, moisture, and the fabric itself. Please find something else you can use to mark! I use chalk powder.

I wish I could answer the blacklight question. Instead, I will ask another question. I saw that there are two types of blacklight bulbs, the second being a blue blacklight. Does anyone know the difference and if that light might be safer to use? I saw the bulbs at Columbia River Quilting's website.

Hey you guys! I just found out if I click on printable version I can read the forum without having to move it. This was very frustrating for me too. the only thing is it dosen't show pictures! so you might want to scroll down to see them before you go to 'printable version' Janey

Archived