Sign in to follow this  
SonjaHammond

Channel Locks - Milli

The buttons for the channel locks on the front left handle of my Milli are reversed. (i.e the yellow button works the horizonal lock and the red one the vertical lock). It has done this since the beginning and I just never took the time to find out how to change this. Since I am using my locks more this has become big pain. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks!

9BADBFA8766603544769327374FB39CF.png

Sonja Hammond

Quilting by the Animas

Sonja,

I'm wondering if your buttons are really reversed, or if you've discovered one of those "male" vs. "female" brain issues that I tease the guys at the factory about. The guys labeled the channel locks with the arrows telling you what direction the machine's motion is LOCKED. For example, if you look at the diagram on the front of your machine, you'll see that the sticker shows a vertical arrow beside the YELLOW button for the left handle. The arrow tells you that the machine is LOCKED in that direction, and will only move left and right.

Therefore, the RED button on the left handle (with the side-to-side arrow) tells you the machine is LOCKED in that direction, and will only move front to back.

Most women I teach will tell you that the arrow beside the colored button (on the diagram) should mean that the machine will MOVE in the direction the arrow indicates after the button is pushed. However, the arrow indicates the direction the machine is LOCKED.

If those arrows aren't fooling you, and the buttons really are reversed, here are a couple of quick solutions:

[*] Use a Sharpie permanent marker or Paint Pen to re-color the dots on the handles to correspond to the correct lock (their position on the handle isn't critical, but their color is, so that you know which button does what)

[*] Unplug the mushroom handle from the left handle on the BACK of the machine and swap it for the front (assuming it operates correctly)

[*] Call the toll free number at 800-426-7233 and ask for service. You may be able to switch the buttons inside the mushroom head, but you also might need a new mushroom head. Amy will know for sure.

Good Luck!

Dawn

DA6F15FEDD9F8F152708CED82003B151.png

APQS Customer Service & Education Director

1-800-426-7233

dawn@apqs.com

Dawn:

Oh my face is Red. I definately have the female brain. You are right about the way I was interpreting the diagrams. Thanks so much for your fast response. I don't think I will mention this to my DH. He already has too many stories he can tell on me.

Thanks again.

9BADBFA8766603544769327374FB39CF.png

Sonja Hammond

Quilting by the Animas

Beverly,

You're welcome! It is very funny how the "interpretation" of those symbols nearly always goes down gender lines. Guess we'll have to get more women involved in the process should there ever be an "update" to those decals:).

Happy Quilting!

Dawn

DA6F15FEDD9F8F152708CED82003B151.png

APQS Customer Service & Education Director

1-800-426-7233

dawn@apqs.com

Why not just use a Sharpie and draw a circle around the symbols on the decal and put a slash through the circle? Like a No Smoking sign! That way you'll see it and remember it means "Lock out".

7CB1BF7B399CF481C4AED78FE8002A31.png

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I pulled this discussion up because DH and I had this exact discussion last night. I kept getting confused when he'd tell me which lock he wanted me to turn off or on. I informed him that they were marked backwards and so I was getting confused. He came around to the front of the machine and said, "They're not marked backwards. The vertical line means the vertical channel lock is on and the horizontal line means that the horizontal channel lock is on." To me the horizontal line means that you can move horizontally and the vertical line means that you can move vertically. We both wound up laughing at ourselves.

Yes, men and women definitely see things differently. Maybe we women think positively (you can move this way) and men think negatively (you can't move this way).

I think I need to find a Sharpie and make those circles with a slash mark through it over the vertical and horizontal lines.

353f54bdaebafc9966a258e36a669486.png

Oklahoma City, OK

Millenium

www.myheartlandquilts.com